Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 3 days until i start my tablets  (Read 2794 times)

BeckyBoo

3 days until i start my tablets
« on: January 29, 2016, 09:36:59 PM »

Hello there

This can't come soon enough. every day i feel so tired and ache, I wake up feeling i have a hang over most mornings and for the past days i've been falling asleep on the sofa mid morning.

i've been given valerate 2mg Which I start it on the 2nd once my coil is fitted. My bloods came back as FSH 35 LH 14 (not on the pill) I'm only 42 and have been struggling with waves of heat for over a year now, mainly after i eat.

Does anyone know how soon before the tablets kick in?

Becky

Dancinggirl

Re: 3 days until i start my tablets
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »

The benefits of oestrogen can begin within a few days.  You're nearly there - you could probably take your first pill the day before the Mirena is fitted.  DG x

BeckyBoo

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 08:29:07 PM »

HI DG

thanks for your reply. I really hope it works as really struggling with mornings. Had an mid circle bleed on friday again and today a bad head ache.
I'm a bit nervous about having my coil fitted tomorrow. Will take some pain killers before.

BB

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »

I do think it's important not to expect problems - there are many good reasons why gynaes are keen to fit a Mirena - it suits many women very well and solves lots of problems. Adding oestrogen into the mix will also help.  Do try to do some relaxation techniques - I've been practising Mindful meditation for some time now and it has really helped me to realign the way I think and feel and I am far more chilled these days - getting anxious and stressed has such a negative effect on you and those around you.   DG x

BeckyBoo

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »

Well its done. sat here with mild period pains. It went ok, painful but not to bad.

DG I have been thinking about a meditation/relaxation class. I used to go when i was in my 20's to chill me out and really helped.

WOW we have blue skies and sun shine here in Wiltshire  :)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:21:59 PM »

I can tell there is some positive thinking already coming through BeckyBoo - fab. You can now relax, let the oestrogen tablets work their magic and in a couple of weeks you may start to feel more on track.  Do expect a bit of bleeding for the first few weeks and even some spotting after that for a while but this should settle quite quickly.  Keep us posted.   DG x

BeckyBoo

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 07:40:15 PM »

Hello there

I'm 4 days into taking Estradiol and my progesterone coil fitted and i'm getting shape pains in my right ovary. (i know its my ovary as have gone through ivf and know that pain all to well)

Has anyone else had this?

BB

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »

BreckyBoo - You will get some strange aches and pains, tender breasts etc. - this is all quite normal and is your body waking up and responding to the hormones. Expect some bleeding and spotting as well.  It should settle so try not to worry.  If in 3 months things aren't settling then discus things with the doc. In about 2-4 weeks the oestrogen will start to work it's magic so do let us know when this happens.  DG x

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 01:45:25 PM »

I agree with Dancinggirl that it is normal to experience different sorts of aches and pains while your body is getting used to the hormones. Which HRT are you on?

Taz x

BeckyBoo

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 09:27:23 PM »

DG - Thanks for your post. Its not so bad today but have had a few period pains, no spotting yet

Taz - i'm on valerate 2mg a today plus had a marina coil fitted.

BB