Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can I top up Premarin 1.25 with something  (Read 6577 times)

buttons10

Re: Can I top up Premarin 1.25 with something
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 02:33:27 PM »

Hi MARY G..thank you sooo....much for my message...you have hit the nail on the head..all that you referred to is spot on..so I will be seeing my GP this week to disscus the advice/option you suggested ...thanks very much..😄

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 04:47:51 PM »

Hi again buttons10

Estraderm 100 mcg on your arm  :o !!!! Heavens - no wonder you were tired of patches and were worried about nice clothes!!! They are mahoosive!

All patches have to be applied below the waist as Taz says, too. Also Sandrena gel. The only HRT where the upper body is listed is estrogel and I am always a bit dubious about this ie why one rule for this preparation and nothing else, although many women do apply it to arms and shoulders as it says in the instructions.

As for the sizes - the area of Estraderm 100 mcg is 44 cm2 whereas for Estradot they are a miniscule 10 cm2 - less than a quarter of the size. I have just measured my Estradot 50 mcg and it is 2.8 x 1.9 cm ( but the corners are rounded) so the 100 mcg will be twice this ie 2.8 x 3.8 cm - which is still very small - very easy to keep hidden - as I said in my post - on your butt where no-one sees it.

Anyway - of course entirely up to you but if you want to kepp on with patches - it's the tiny Estradot all the way and stick them to your butt cheeks!!! No problem!

I've used these for 9 years happily....

Good luck and let us know what you get in the end and how you get on.

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 05:03:40 PM »

It's always worth reading the patient information leaflet whenever you are given anything I reckon. It's difficult for general doctors to know everything about every product in my experience. I'm sorry you've had to try to wear it on your arm - no wonder it fell off in bed!! The patient leaflet definitely says below the waist http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/spcpil/documents/spcpil/con1431060679342.pdf

Taz x

buttons10

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 07:33:11 PM »

Thanks so much everyone feeling better now...😄...I'm gonna see my GP this week and tell 'whoever I see??' all about you helpful bunch on here and your recommendations for me..thanks again...but Im fed up of these blooming big patches...so I'm excited now that there are other options for me..
I know...I know that I should read patient info..and I will now.👀.just shows ya not to always take what the GP says as being right..
So ..good job girls and Thankyou for everything..ill let you know how I get on...😘
Pages: 1 [2]