Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Telephone consultations  (Read 2528 times)

Tinkerbellj

Telephone consultations
« on: January 22, 2016, 04:33:06 PM »

Anyone know if annie evans or prof studd do telephone consultations for first appointments? I live in ireland so this would be so much easier!!

Hurdity

Re: Telephone consultations
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 04:53:59 PM »

I don't think so - well Dr Annie doesn't as far as I know. She used to do e-mail consultations but can't see this facility any more on her website. Dr Currie does e-mail ones though - this site. http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/contact.php

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 05:24:28 PM »

Ring or send an e-mail, explain where you are and ask …………. ?  let us know how you get on!

Niamh

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 05:51:28 PM »

I see Professor Studd and I know he only does face to face if you could get over to see him it's well worth it, he's changed my life! His bedside manner isnt the best but his prescription is brilliant (I think reading your post I have similar issues to you, chronic pmt, PND, progesterone intolerant, peri symptoms etc)  and you can't get more knowledgable. It's worth emailing his office though his secretary is lovely.

Annie Evans only does face to face as I enquired but then does phone follow up x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 07:45:03 PM »

:thankyou:  we are a Mine of Info on here  8)

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 10:25:19 PM »

Thanks everyone would be lost without all your advice!  How much is a consultation with prof studd. Going to ring tomorrow just been reading he is the one who treated denise welch and I remember her talking about her pnd etc on loose women. I am also going to my gp armed with his prescript for treati g delression with hrt I know I probably wont get the testerone but might get the others as he has been helpful before if not I will see a gynae in  ni if I can get a good recommended one and if not its save up for the prof!! Thanks ladies xxx

Sunnydays

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 10:27:52 PM »

You can do a phone consultation with the women's health concern - the patient arm of the British menopause society. If you have no luck with the others you might want to consider it. I've used their email facility and it was very helpful.

Mary G

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 10:33:28 PM »

Professor Studd charges £300 for an initial consultation but you can pay by credit card - you don't have to have blood tests or bone scans, they are not compulsory.  Follow up consultation is £200.

Niamh

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »

Thanks for adding that Mary yes that's what im paying he did do bloods both times which were £350 and a bone scan £350 also, but he's picked up that im osteopaenic so he's treating me for that too (through the ostrogel he prescribes!) good luck he is worth seeing if you can oh and the prescription for a 6 month supply just cost me about £100 x