Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradot 50 and Urogesteran 100 continuously  (Read 1577 times)

Peterspots

Estradot 50 and Urogesteran 100 continuously
« on: January 22, 2016, 03:31:13 PM »

I have bladder pain and pain down behind my pubic bone like a heavy dragging.  I have tried hrt and stopped for a month which has caused the bladder pain to increase.  My consultant has suggested estradot 50 with continuous urgesteran (s) to stop my periods completely as previously my pain was worse before a period.  I am 50 and having periods. Since stopping the estrogen only patch (as my estrogen was 1700) the bladder/pressure has been continuous. In laymans term what happens when you take the progesterone contiuously and how does this affect periods/body.  I have put 7lb on since starting estrogen (at the start of this journey and I feel bloated).  I have other strange symptoms tingling/pressure in face (possibly TMD) and my body twitches.  I am at a loss to what is happening.  visited gp today and he said sometimes people have things and we dont know why! great!

donnacrichton

Re: Estradot 50 and Urogesteran 100 continuously
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 03:37:52 PM »

The tingling and twitches and weird body feeling I get when the hormones fluctuate and eventually settle. These used to scare me. Hopefully they will settle when your dose does x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 04:57:21 PM »

If you have been having normal regular periods without HRT then it is unlikely that continuous Utrogestan 100 mg will stop them until you become near post-menopause, especially when taken orally. However it should lessen the bleeding, and means you can take the patch as a medium dose of additional oestrogen without worrying about your womb lining - hopefully. The continuous extra oestrogen means it won't drop so low just before your period so you should not get the same cyclical symptoms due to oestrgoen fluctuations (in theory anyway).

Hurdity x

Peterspots

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 01:19:24 PM »

Thank you for replying.  The twitches has got less with the magnesium (I hope) That was explained so well :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:21:21 PM by EnglishRose »