Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Zumenon & Nausea  (Read 5046 times)

Catspelle

Zumenon & Nausea
« on: January 21, 2016, 12:19:47 PM »

Hi there
After a TAH/BSO on 14/12 I started on 1 mg of oral Zumenon. I'm 3 and a half weeks in and suffering from really bad nausea. I can see this might be a side effect of Zumenon. Has anyone else experienced this? Just want to see if I should persevere. I think the Zumenon is helping with other surgical menopause symptoms but think I need to go up to 2 mg. would appreciate any thoughts before I see GP. I don't really want to start on a different HRT but wonder if the nausea might subside eventually?
Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Zumenon & Nausea
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:56:07 PM »

>wave< have no idea so I'm not much help am I  ::) - could you ring a Pharmacist for advice?  Maybe have some anti-nausea tablets as well?  Is it when you take the medication that might cause the nausea, i.e. with food?

Catspelle

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 07:14:20 PM »

Hi CLKD thanks for the reply

I have GP appt coming up just wanted to hear other people's experiences x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 08:01:13 PM »

Have you found the 'search' button, I found several references ……… might give you an idea how others go on with it.

Catspelle

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 02:04:31 PM »

Hi yes I've seen some thanks very much x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 03:22:09 PM »

Any improvement?

Catspelle

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 10:22:21 AM »

Hi there thanks for asking. I haven't had the nausea for a few days now thank goodness. It tends to be worse in the morning/early part of the day so sometimes I can eat done thing small of an evening. My night sweats are about the same. I've got a review with GP on Friday so will update.
Much appreciated hope you are doing ok x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 12:24:53 PM »

Nausea can be caused by sudden hunger.  Or medication or …….

Let us know how you get on!

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 03:02:32 PM »

Hi Catspelle

It is common to experience nausea from increases in oestrogen but it should settle - as you are perhaps finding now? If you continue to experience nausea or stomach problems then a transdermal HRT is preferred ie patch or gel.

Your body is still recovering from your operation and it will take some while for your hormones to re-adjust - yes I agree you may want to increase your dose if  1 mg isn't working fully, and also think about testosterone - as your ovaries were also removed. Patch and gel oestrogen offer more flexibility in dosage, since with tablets there is only 1 mg or 2 mg whereas patches come in 25 mcg - 100 mcg so no need always to double the dose! Ditto gel there are pump measures.

Glad the Zumenon is helping though - and good luck with your GP appointment :)

Hurdity x