Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: bloated tummy  (Read 3245 times)

AMELIA60

bloated tummy
« on: January 14, 2016, 09:48:40 PM »

::) I am 56 years of age and   i have gone through the peri menopause stage and now going through the menopause stage, no periods for a tear now and never been on HRT, and I have managed to lose over 24lbs,it took about 18months,but i did it by  healthy eating and cutting down rather than diet, but just recently even though my eating habits haven't changed my tummy feels hugh,i don't feel unwell,but just wondered if this is another part of going through the menopause and if so what can i do to eliminate the bloat and how long is this expected to last

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: bloated tummy
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 05:57:02 PM »

:welcomemm:  belatedness can be a real problem, very uncomfortable and difficult to deal with.  For me it was irritable bowel syndrome for which my GP prescribed Colpermin (for upper gut wind) plus Motillium (no longer available) and now I find that drinking several pots of Actimel daily can ease symptoms.

How has it been 2-day?

Greenwithenvy

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 06:10:27 PM »

Hi Amelia
I too have been struggling with bloating recently I tried peppermint oil from Holland and Barrett it helped a bit with the bloating but had weird peppermint burps all day so a bit of a mixed blessing.
Will keep a close eye on other responses as my menopause baby is very uncomfortable.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 06:12:52 PM »

I remember my pooh smelt of peppermint  ::)

Greenwithenvy

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »

CLKD TOO FUNNY 😀

AMELIA60

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 08:33:09 PM »

::) Thank You For asking CLKD , but very much the  same at the moment,but just to be on the safe side I will go and let my GP know and see how it goes from there and  for all the other helpful and supportive replies from other forum members a big thanks as it helps to know everyone on this forum is going through this menopuse and you all have different tips and advice