Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: feeling generally unwell  (Read 5504 times)

Yammy1

feeling generally unwell
« on: December 23, 2015, 01:03:32 PM »

hi anyone else feel like they have flu, achy all over and just feeling yuck, is this part of this menopause which seems to have more and more symptoms as it progresses, doing my head in is an understatement  ::)
cheers

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: feeling generally unwell
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 04:36:38 PM »

It can happen.  As oestrogen levels drop off various aches and pains can begin, as can itchiness, dry eyes ……… when was your last period?

Try taking a general Paracetamol or medication that eases flu symptoms - 2-morrow have a word with a pharmacist as to what is best at this time of  year.  At least it may lift the yucckky feeling  ;)

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 12:08:00 AM »

There are a lot of bugs going around, but if your symptoms don't progress, its probably HORMONES  >:(

I feel like I am going down with flu or a tummy bug a lot of the time - aching joints, headache, nausea etc, but mostly it doesn't turn into anything, so I know it was just my hormones playing up again.

Niamh

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »

This is really interesting as ive felt like I'm coming down with a cold since Sunday, fuzzy head, bit achy, bit congested but its not really coming to much except I feel rubbish! I dropped my ostrogel from 3 pumps to 2 so wonder if I should increase it back up or if this is just a bug! So hard to tell x

Louisa

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 02:49:32 PM »

This is really interesting as ive felt like I'm coming down with a cold since Sunday, fuzzy head, bit achy, bit congested but its not really coming to much except I feel rubbish! I dropped my ostrogel from 3 pumps to 2 so wonder if I should increase it back up or if this is just a bug! So hard to tell x

I'm EXACTLY the same as you Niamh

Niamh

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 03:11:50 PM »

Do you think you have a bug Luisa? I think it's that with me tbh but it's v confusing! Hormones have never affected me in this way before just have terrible pmt which im on hrt for under professor Studd BUT if no better in a few days I'll go back up to 3 pumps of ostrogel!

Louisa

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 03:41:36 PM »

Well all I know is there are loads of bugs around, my husband has had it too

Yammy1

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 04:18:29 PM »

Thank you all for response. I had a hysterectomy 3 and a  half years ago (still have ovaries)  but my symptoms seem to be gradually getting worse, I just feel anxious all the time, ie shaky, nervous and generally feeling down. I have myself convinced I'm going to take a heart attack or a stroke. sorry if i'm going on a bit but this menopause is bloody awful.

Louisa

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 04:25:30 PM »

Thank you all for response. I had a hysterectomy 3 and a  half years ago (still have ovaries)  but my symptoms seem to be gradually getting worse, I just feel anxious all the time, ie shaky, nervous and generally feeling down. I have myself convinced I'm going to take a heart attack or a stroke. sorry if i'm going on a bit but this menopause is bloody awful.
Get your blood checked for signs of the meno.  I had a hysterectomy in 1991, I should of been checked years ago and they should of kept a closer eye on me too (yes they left my ovaries in too)

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 05:08:21 PM »

You moan as much as you want to >wave<

Any improvement today with Nurofen/Paracetamol …………. ?

Yammy1

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 08:08:53 PM »

Thanks all, feeling a little better this evening, just cracked open a bottle of veno, happy Christmas to you all and lets hope 2016 is an improvement on the last year  :-* Cheers

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 09:25:48 PM »

Don't drink vino as well as any pain relief!