Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Another Year On ....  (Read 6709 times)

toffeecushion

Another Year On ....
« on: December 22, 2015, 08:23:19 AM »

As I look back to this time last year I think I am a little better.  This time last year I was really struggling, although I'm not sure if I am any better or just coping better.  But I don't feel as bad as I did then.  One thing I know for sure is that I don't think I would have coped this past year without this forum and the support of your ladies.  Thank you.

Wondered how much your symptoms had improved (or not) and what had helped you the most.

Joyce

Re: Another Year On ....
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:10:41 AM »

TC glad to hear you feel a bit better. This time last year I was having spells of anxiety but gave in to tablets in the spring. So all in all better than this time last year.

SadLynda

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 10:59:04 AM »

This time last year I was a total wreck.

Finding this forum has totally saved me.  All information has been invaluable.  I had the courage to change GP's (again) then the knowledge to ask for what I needed, only on week 3 of my treatment but feeling a damn site better than I have for years.

Glad to hear two ladies above are better too, hope to find more :)

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 12:37:47 PM »

This time last year I was very apprehensive about having an operation that I had deep reservations about having.   Christmas came and went and how I took for granted the joys of eating, drinking, having a bath .......
All of you who have followed my story know what happened in that op. This year has been so hard and I am in no doubt that without the support of this forum I possibly wouldn't even be here as I nearly gave up so many times,  not just during my 3 months in hospital,  many times since when it has become apparent I'm not fixed.  So it's now almost a year since the op went wrong - today I am ok,  I can eat and drink but not like before - I wnt eat anything with nuts, seeds or anything too coloured like beetroot incase it appears in the holes on my abdomen.  May be a bit crazy but it has affected me.  I can't have a bath or swim as essentially they are open wounds,  and my husband and I are not able to have proper relationships.
But the positives - I am alive,  I am loved,  I love my family,  I can walk, talk,  see, hear,sing, breath and laugh.  I'm going to be a nana in 10 days hopefully.  I am learning to be grateful and try and focus the positives.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart ❤️❤️ Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy 2016  :) :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:39:19 PM by groundhog »

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 01:35:20 PM »

Cyber support should never be underrated!!!

Here's to a healthy & happy 2016.  :)

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 07:39:00 PM »

Hello ladies.

I am much better than I was this time last year although I still have a way to go.

I am also very grateful to the lovely ladies on this site who have taught me so much and provided the support and comfort I have desperately needed. I salute you all.

Best wishes everyone and here's to an improved 2016.

K.

Dorothy

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 11:12:47 PM »

Physically, I'm feeling worse than this time last year, but I think that is mostly due to increased stress of coping with my mother.

On the plus side, the move has meant a change of GP from a very unhelpful one who refused to belief women in their 30s could be perimenopausal to an extremely supportive one who has done loads to help.

So...if I can just get mother sorted, I'm hopeful 2016 might be better than 2015!

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 12:35:22 PM »

A year ago today, I had my gallbladder removed and recovered very well. I became a grandmother again in July and was able to meet her in September and have a wonderful holiday with my son in the USA. The time before I had not been at all well. I really felt well this time, apart from digestive issues. Now recuperating from a hysterectomy and posterior repair. I do not plan to be convalescing from an operation Christmas next year! But it has taken the stress out of the run up to Christmas this year. I did what I could before the op and am letting everyone else do the rest. But despite any health challenges, I am happy.