Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femiston 2/10  (Read 2672 times)

Tinkerbellj

Femiston 2/10
« on: December 21, 2015, 08:40:09 AM »

Looking some advice started my first packet oestrogen only and had a full on period after two weeks then started o  the second two weeks with the oestrogen and progestogen and jad a bleed after these two weeks. Dr told me the forst bleed was my own period and the second just a withdrawal bleed. I am just coming to the end of the two weeks oestrogen again so here's what I am thinking should I not be trying to match the hormones to my own natural ones instead of fighting against them? Should I not then take another two weeks of oestrogen instead of progesterone as this would be my natural cycle ie period starts now so keep on oestrogen and take progesterone after its over like a natural cycle. Does this. Make sense to anyone or does it really.not matter and my body will eventually fall into sync? ?? Thanks for reading

mollie2

Re: Femiston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 08:59:04 AM »

Im on this and I have been told to take it everyday with no breaks..

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 09:36:53 AM »

Tinkerbellj
You are clearly in peri menopause so your own hormones will be fluctuating in the background so you could get some erratic bleeding until the HRT takes control.  Normally the progesterone part holds back the bleed and you then get the bleed after you finish the progesterone. I am surprised that you have been given a medium dose of HRT when you must be still in fairly early peri meno (still getting quite regular periods) - a lower dose might have been better so you didn't get too much of a build up of the womb lining which would trigger this extra bleed. Just keep taking the pills as prescribed and hopefully over the next few months the HRT will take control. If problematic bleeding continues then perhaps you need a lower dose or a Mirena with separate oestrogen could be an option. DG x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:07:27 AM »

I take it with no breaks and I have had coil and sandrena gel and the patch etc this is my fifth attempt at hrt. I get a lot of cramping pretty much all the time just seemed strange that there was no attempt to sync with my own cycle when it is completely regular and always has been ebwn after my pregnancy despite my apparently menopausal blood results pretry sure I am still ovulating regularly too!!!  I am a bit shocked how much guess work and hit and miss approach doctors have try it and see if its a few weeks but three  months each time!!!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 03:45:43 PM »

I fyou were still getting a cycle when not on HRT then you must be producing your own hormones!!!  Blood tests are not conclusive and I would still question whether you need such high dose at this stage.
I f after a couple more months with Femoston 2/10 you are still getting erratic bleeding then perhaps take a break from HRT for a month or two, then have another blood test to see where you are before attempting a lower dose of Femoston and see what happens.  Dg x

Milamam

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »

Hi
I am on the same regime for a year and a half already . The first 12 months I was in synch, i.e one bleed/month. These past 4-5 months it seems that my own hormones have reawakened and I began to have a bleed after the estrogen phase and then again, 14 days later, after the progesterone.
Instead of lowering the dose as I though my gynae will do, he added 10mgs of progesterone to take day 11-25, this avoiding the mid-cycle bleed. This new regime will hopefully put me back into synch with my own cycles. I have taken the additional progesterone for a month and feel just fine, no extra bleed. Moodwise, I also feel fine (which was something I was worried about). Sore boobs and water retention disappeared, so it seems that I did need thus extra dose.

I take separate dydrogesterone in pill form which is the same progestogen as in Femoston. However I know it is not available in the UK?

All in all, if you have good symptom control, and you are not bothered by the extra  bleed, wait a bit and your own hormones may settle. It is very early days for you.

Good luck!
Milamam

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »

Thanks again for replies only getting on now as I have felt so ill. Sorry but I think I am stopping these pills. I have cried and flew into rages since I started then 9 weeks ago. I feel terrible every single day ache all over swollen glands amd such a low mood not to mention stomach cramps. Didnt take one yesterday it was the combined oestrogen and progesterone one and by today I was definitely improved. They r either too strong or need alternative method of delivery its like pmt every day with no reprieve.  Xmas was basically ruined. Totally distracted tbh. Thinking of just going on the pill