Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: chest infection!  (Read 3766 times)

clio

chest infection!
« on: December 21, 2015, 08:29:42 AM »

I started to feel ill on friday last week, on the saturday I went to work but felt awful (i shouldnt of gone in), today I phoned in sick.  I think I have developed a chest infection, chest tight, bit of a cough, the usual symptons.  Should I wait and see in it clears up or go doc and get checked out.?  Im just concerned as everyone is coming to me for christmas and I dont want to be ill.  What would you do??

Clio

Louisa

Re: chest infection!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 08:53:04 AM »

Personally I would get it checked out - one less thing to worry about and that's a blessing, esp this time of year, so go phone the docs asap Clio.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 09:40:20 AM »

I'd make that appointment. You don't want to be ill over Christmas.

clio

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:10:10 AM »

Thankyou ladies, im booked in for this afternoon.  I would of left it a few days to see how I went on but ive got elderley parents and auntie coming on christmas day.  Im feeling very sorry for myself.  :'(

clio

Louisa

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 10:21:41 AM »

things will be resolved later, chin up chuck  :hug:

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 12:25:55 PM »

There are a lot of flu type colds going around. It's best to get checked out. You can tell if you have an infection by the colour of anything you are coughing up (sorry) if it is green or yellow then there is infection present. Most docs aren't prescribing antibiotics for chest infections now due to the high resistance rate. Info here about how to deal with it http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Chest-infection-adult/Pages/Introduction.aspx 

I hope you get something to make you feel better and at least seeing the GP will put your mind at rest and you will have done all that you can. Fingers crossed and big hug.

Taz x  :bighug:

Louisa

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 11:45:48 AM »

Thankyou ladies, im booked in for this afternoon.  I would of left it a few days to see how I went on but ive got elderley parents and auntie coming on christmas day.  Im feeling very sorry for myself.  :'(

clio

What did the doc say Clio?

clio

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 09:15:39 AM »

The Doc said it was a virus and I would just have to let it run its course, no medication as its not an infection which she would of given me anitbiotics.  Christmas morning and im over the worst however im taking sudafed for the catarrh, familey coming round in a couple of hours for the day, im glad im feeling better so it dosnt spoil the day plus ive stopped sneezing to wont pass on my germs.

Clio

Louisa

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 07:59:54 PM »

:hug: