Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Post hysterectomy bleeding  (Read 2851 times)

BLD19

Post hysterectomy bleeding
« on: December 20, 2015, 08:06:59 PM »

Hi advice please

I had had a laparoscopic hysterectomy 10 days ago I had ovaries and cervix removed for grade 1a uterine cancer.  Op went well home 24 hours later and been doing really well (touch wood). I just wanted to know if it's normal to have light pink bleeding on and off and how long it could last?  I seemed to not have any for a couple if days then I picked something up off the floor and it started again. It's us only slight(on wiping) and sometimes nothing but I have nobody I can ask I wondered if there was anyone on here who had experienced it?  Obviously if it was red blood or heavy I would seek medical attention. I guess I have lots of stitches inside which must be getting pulled a little as I move.  But I. Am resting.  Thanks

carol100

Re: Post hysterectomy bleeding
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:51:26 PM »

Hi
You may get more answers to your question on the Hysterectomy Association website. You can join in with others who have had ops in the same month as you and compare symptoms. It is really helpful, I had hyst in June and the forum helped so much.
Hope this helps.

BLD19

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »

Thank you

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 09:39:35 PM »

I had a partial hysterectomy and posterior wall repair, 3 weeks ago. I did bleed at first, but gradually this has diminished, though I still need to wear light protection. The info given to me when I left hospital said this is normal, but sometimes people don't bleed a lot at first, but can have a rush of blood around 10 days afterwards. The bleeding can be red or brown in colour. I did have a golf ball size blood clot fall out 3 days after the op, which I was told not to worry about. Bit disconcerting. The info said usually the bleeding usually continues for up to 2 weeks. I'm not concerned that mine has continued very lightly beyond that. If you experience heavy or smelly vaginal bleeding or bleeding that starts again and have a fever, seek help by either phoning the ward or your doctor, as it might be an infection.

I hope this helps. We really don't know what to expect do we? It's great that you are doing well. I am too. I only stayed for one night, as I was able to do the 3 wees required after the catheter was removed. Do you have to have further treatment for the cancer? I hope you are being looked after and resting well.

BLD19

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 10:56:28 PM »

Thank you so much Ju Ju

Pleased to hear you are doing well.  You comments are really reassuring thank you.  No we don't know what to expect and can be quite stressful as you can feel so alone worrying.  I have had no blood on a pad just non wiping and just pink so I will monitor and seek medical advice if changes.

I have to have what was taken away biopsied so will know more re treatment in 4 weeks.  Hopefully contained.  It was an accidental finding so although frightening diagnosis it has been found very early and been removed.  I am trying not to think too much as nothing I can do until the results. 

Thank you so much   :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 08:58:48 AM »

Reading your post again, I see you had your op done laparoscopically, while mine was done vaginally, no scars externally. I don't know whether there is anything different re bleeding. Were you given any info, along with painkillers etc before you left the hospital? I had to have my op due to prolapse. You could phone the ward to talk to a nurse for reassurance. I had to over another concern, and the nurse was lovely. Please let us know how you how get on. It sounds like the cancer was caught very early, so hopefully you will have a positive prognosis. But worrying for you all the same. Do you have support at home?

daisie

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 09:49:08 AM »

hi bld..i had an hysterectomy 8 weeks ago for grade 1 cancer they started to do it by key hole but found out they couldnt do it that way so i was cut on the stomache ,,i had bleeding for about a week after then it just trailed off it is normal to have light bleeding after, all to do with what they have had to do inside with the operation i had everything took away still recovering ,things are getting back to normal slowley you will be fine it is normal but if you get worried ring the hospital back up x daisie