Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan 25 days and no bleed?  (Read 2043 times)

Trufflecat

Utrogestan 25 days and no bleed?
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:45:06 AM »

I am now on Evorel 25mg patches plus Utrogestan 100mg 25 days out of 28. GP thought a more constant level of progesterone would be good after my run in with Evorel Sequi. I am in peri. No bleed has happened though. Is this OK?

Dancinggirl

Re: Utrogestan 25 days and no bleed?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »

Trufflecat - even when in peri, your own hormone levels will fluctuate and as you are using such a low dose of oestrogen your lining may not have built up due to the continuous Utro. If your lining needed to shed then you would probably bleed - so don't worry. This is not to say you might not get a bit of a bleed next time - it may vary.  DG x

Trufflecat

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 02:25:08 PM »

Thanks

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 08:06:11 PM »

I wonder why your doc changed you to a 25 mcg patch when Evortel sequi is 50 mcg oestrogen? I can't remember how old you are and where in peri but that is a very low dose - fine for pre-peri when oestrogen levels are still high but drop v low at the end of the cycle, or maybe for women who want to stay on HRT into late 60's but only want a v low dose to keep most of the symptoms at bay. For most other women I would say 50 mcg is the standard dose! If you are feeling OK on it though - then that's fine. I agree with  Dancinggirl about the reason for lack of bleed.

Hurdity x :)

Trufflecat

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 09:38:31 PM »

It might be because I was getting headaches towards the end of week two, whilst just on the oestrogen. I get hormonal headaches but these were real corkers lasting for days. Would oestrogen cause headaches do you think? My headaches have always been premenstrual in the past. I am 51 and was still having periods all be they a bit irregular. No hot flushes just generally becoming moodier and moodier. I do have some 50mg patches left and have been bunging one on at the end of week two when there would usually be a drop in oestrogen levels. I might ask her to up the dose to 50mg though in a few months, when we see how the Utrogestan works out. She admits to knowing very little about HRT but at least has the Grace to admit it and look stuff up! Thanks