Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 51 years of age with spotting and odd discharge - HELP!!!  (Read 3416 times)

MollyMarie64

51 years of age with spotting and odd discharge - HELP!!!
« on: December 18, 2015, 07:24:11 PM »

Hello,

I am 51 and have had normal periods up until a year ago (age 50). Over the past year, I have either started my period early or late, but nothing unusual other than that.

I have been almost regular up until this point...  Ten days ago, I thought I was having my period, but it turns out it was a super light bleed that consisted of old blood (black/rust with lots of clots) which hasn't stopped.

Now I am truly concerned... Two months ago I started having a watery discharge out of the blue - every single day.

Now on day 10, I am having bright red bleeding - but it's not a period.  Just wiping bits of red blood. I have done some research and am a bit concerned. Is this normal bleeding due to hormonal changes - or is it something to be concerned about? HELP!!!

I am going to make an appointment to see my doctor. In the meantime, has anyone else experienced this??? I would love your input as I am becoming increasingly concerned.

Thank you,
Molly

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:48:46 PM by MollyMarie64 »

Taz2

Re: 51 years of age with spotting and odd discharge - HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 08:54:45 PM »

Hi Molly.

You are describing what happened to me and at the same age too so I would say this would be down to usual hormonal changes during peri menopause but it never hurts to see your GP just to put your mind at rest. It's a shock when our bodies begin to behave differently to what we've been used to.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

MollyMarie64

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 11:50:25 PM »

Hi Molly.

You are describing what happened to me and at the same age too so I would say this would be down to usual hormonal changes during peri menopause but it never hurts to see your GP just to put your mind at rest. It's a shock when our bodies begin to behave differently to what we've been used to.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Thank you for your input, Taz.  I have been reading online about uterine fibroids (and worse) and am upsetting myself.  I truly appreciate your response.

MollyMarie64

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 11:51:26 PM »

Hello Molly, sounds frustratingly normal for peri including the watery discharge that seems like never ending ovulation even during a period!  Agree with Taz though, always worth getting it checked out just to put your mind at rest.

Keep us posted, welcome to MM by the way!

S x

Thank you, Sparkle.  The discharge is so strange.  It's also strange to be spotting which is abnormal for me.  Ugh.  The joys of being a woman.  LOL!

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 08:12:06 PM »

Hi MollyMarie64

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 08:19:42 PM »

This happened to me at the same age! I was given progesterone to stop the bleeding. I saw a doctor for reassurance, as it is disconcerting. I was actually referred for a scan, which didn't happen for 6 months, by which time things had settled down.

MollyMarie64

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 05:39:35 AM »

Hi MollyMarie64

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x :)

Thank you, Hurdity.  :)

MollyMarie64

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 05:41:16 AM »

This happened to me at the same age! I was given progesterone to stop the bleeding. I saw a doctor for reassurance, as it is disconcerting. I was actually referred for a scan, which didn't happen for 6 months, by which time things had settled down.

JuJu, that is very reassuring.  Thank you for posting.  :) :) :)

Machair

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 02:28:07 PM »

I have had this too with many days of watery ovulation type discharge and bleeding irregularly. Only started when I became perimenopausal.