Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New to HRT more questions (sorry)  (Read 2148 times)

Ljp

New to HRT more questions (sorry)
« on: December 16, 2015, 09:15:02 AM »

Me again, with more questions.

Mirena coil I steered a week ago Monday, started Iestrogel one pump on Thursday last week.
All felt good, felt best I'd felt in a long long time, even if somewhat emotional with feelings of " I've been depriving myself of this for too many years" 😢

My libido also returned, was intimate relationship itch hubby Monday night 😱😱, but yesterday morning there was a bit of blood when I wiped, and a few times during the day, plus, don't know why? But also felt a bit flat again ( first time since starting the oestrogel) and generally a bit tired and off.

This morning blood again when I wipe, but not enough that needs a towel yet, just a liner in case.

Is it mirena settling? Is it progesterone from it causing my mood change too? My uterus lining was thin when it was inserted last week after hysteroscopy, could it really have built up that quick?

Would upping the oestrogel to 2 pumps help? As I say, only used it since last Thursday so this is day 6, felt so good up until yesterday, even my night sweats are lessened, although not gone completely, just not as intense or sweaty.

Any help or advice on what (if anything) I should do? Is it just body settling down? Is it normal with mirena to get a bit of spotting? Could it have been sex that interfered a bit with things?

Thank you xx

Dancinggirl

Re: New to HRT more questions (sorry)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 09:54:16 AM »

lisajp - the bit of spotting is quite normal - I would have been surprised if you hadn't had some spotting!! Some spotting or even a more heavy bit of bleeding is quite normal for the first 3-6 months with the Mirena.
Pleased you felt you could have some intimacy with hubby - that's great - you can look forward to more of that now!!!!.
It's far too early to put fluctuating mood down to the HRT - If after a couple of months the flushes are not gone then increase the Oestrogel dose.  The oestrogen levels will take some time to build and settle.
It's very early days.  I can understand you anxiety over this but be patient.   DG xxxxx

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »

Thanks DG, you are such a help X so continue as I am then?

One other thing, I only have the one oestrogel at present, how soon should I request another from my GP? As you can't see how much is left in n container

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 02:28:37 PM »

I think there are around 80 doses in one canister - so it should last over 2 months if you stick with one pump per day. DG x