Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Don't know what to say....  (Read 3218 times)

Louisa

Don't know what to say....
« on: December 14, 2015, 01:39:21 PM »

I read an awful lot of posts on here and want to reply but don't really know what to say.  A lot of you seems to know an awful lot and have lots of advice/answers etc.  I can't do this, my knowledge seems fairly limited.

Ju Ju

Re: Don't know what to say....
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 01:46:32 PM »

You have written some lovely posts. Sometimes all people want is to be heard and to feel that people care. You do that. Those members who have expertise and experience contribute their knowledge, which is wonderful. You give loving kindness. Do not underestimate the value of that or of yourself.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 01:47:55 PM »

Hi Louisa

We all come on here for different reasons - some of us are a bit long in the tooth and have been around for a long time and well post-meno so have read a lot about it all! Also some women newly peri have also read a lot! If you want to reply then do, but if you have nothing to say then that's fine too! Some women come on here because they need a lot of support, some because they want to help others, some for virtual friendship and chat. Perhaps have a look at the "This and That" threads and something might catch your eye - and I'm sure when the time comes you will want to post something - perhaps to share your menopausal experiences! This alone is a comfort to many women to know they are not alone with something, and have no-one to talk to about such personal and sometimes intimate matters.

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 02:10:26 PM »

Hello Louisa.

There are ladies on the site who have specific knowledge but I think most of us just speak from experience and appreciate knowing we are not alone. When I first discovered this forum I read a post from someone asking if others had the same problem and the many replies mainly consisted of ' me too 'comments. I recall feeling so comforted by that long list of women of varying ages and presumably all walks of life all united in their willingness  to offer support to each other during a difficult time. If all you do is offer a 'me too' comment it is still of great value to the recipient and to all of us on the forum who are struggling on this journey.

Wishing you well Louisa and take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 03:01:39 PM »

Do you feel relaxed here?  Sometimes it is enough to simply observe and if anything others experience help, then go with it.  We have a 'funny ' room too  ;)

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 03:31:31 PM »

Louise, it's a steep learning curve so don't worry!  I am 54 and it has taken me years to finally crack the problem and get the medication right - well, as right as I can anyway.  My thanks goes to other members on here who have helped me sort it out. 

Not everyone feels able to contribute all the time but it doesn't matter.  The main thing is to offer and gain support from others or simply just read the posts!  My personal aim is to try and make sure others learn from my experiences/mistakes and not their own.  My younger sister is 48 and I have made sure she is far more knowledgeable that I was at her age so at least she has a head start. 

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 04:38:58 PM »

Louisa my knowledge is fairly restricted too. I've been coming on here for many moons and believe me I've learned such a lot!  I don't always reply to posts, especially ones which I haven't got the foggiest about. Can I tell you a secret? I hadn't a clue about VA before I came on here. Now realise this must have been what my mum was suffering with all those years ago.

So keep on reading & contribute when you can.  :)

Louisa

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 04:53:37 PM »

Thanks everyone, fell much better now and yes CLKD I do feel relaxed on here.  All of you have reassured me and that goes a long way...now going to look at the 'This & That; thread !  ;)

dazned

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 05:24:06 PM »

Just post where you feel appropriate your experiences,everyones is different and sometimes people just need someone to empathize with them ,that goes along way  ;)

Louisa

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 05:28:41 PM »

My problem is that I feel so much, I can feel how others feel and I take it onto myself.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 05:30:54 PM »

If you feel like others seem to then you are 'within normal limits'  ;)

Did you find the funny room yet ?

Louisa

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 06:02:18 PM »

Yes CLKD, I've found it  :boobs: :rofl: :medal:

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 06:14:03 PM »

:lol: