Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bladder/water infection symptoms  (Read 3354 times)

Chi chi

Bladder/water infection symptoms
« on: December 02, 2015, 05:22:50 PM »

does anyone else get bad headaches? The last couple of times when I've tested positive I've not had any burning or stinging but just felt really run down, more tired than usual, bad head and slight dizziness. I think I may have another infection but can't get an appt until next week!
What other symptoms does everyone else get?

countrybumpkin

Re: Bladder/water infection symptoms
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »

My mother used to have kidney infections and her only symptoms were dull ache in her back with bad headaches and feeling very tired and lethargic.

Could you ask for a telephone consultation for antibiotics, my Drs do this.  Or ask to leave a message for any Dr that is on duty that day. If you can't get anywhere with reception then the sentence " oh dear I will have to go to A & E then and explain you could not give me an appt within 3 days" works wonders. ( I have worked at a Drs).

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 06:24:19 PM »

Sounds like a good idea! It's ridiculous having to wait this long, I might ring in the morning and say it's an emergency!
Strange isn't it as I always thought burning and stinging were classic signs, I feel a bit nauseous too

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »

Is it a urine infection though?  We are using TOO many ABs 'in case'.  It could be vaginal atrophy, repeated feelings of needing to wee were my first symptoms, followed by razor blades up there.  Your Practice Nurse should be able to send a urine sample away without your need for an appt.!

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 04:29:01 PM »

Should find out today, took a sample in earlier, hopefully they'll ring soon

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 08:01:49 PM »

A urine sample HAS to be sent to a LAB so that it can be 'grown' to see if there are any bugs that need treatment.  That can take 5-10 days!

I think you need to ask for vaginal atrophy treatment  ;)

Chi chi

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 09:01:48 AM »

They said they'd dip it and see if there was any infection and if there was they'd send it off? Didn't hear anything from them yesterday?

Scampi

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 02:02:58 PM »

Chi Chi has no VA symptoms, more the general malaise you can get with an infection.  A quick dip-stick test of a urine sample will give an indication of infection (an infection leads to protein and white blood cells in the urine, both of which show up on dip-stick tests and are not normal) - if the test indicates an infection, a broad-spectrum AB can be given until the results of a full culture and sensitivity test are known. 

Chi Chi - definitely ring the surgery again and see if you can speak to a doctor.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »

How R U today?

Chi chi

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 09:05:37 AM »

The sample was negative but I still feel don't feel right, still really lethargic and run down, no real energy  headache still and not sure if I've pulled a muscle in my throat/neck? Just to the side of my Adam's apple if that's even possible  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 02:22:50 PM »

Glands up which might indicate an over-all infection? 

What did the GP suggest?  Would Paracetamol help?

Chi chi

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 07:12:53 PM »

Didn't get to speak to my GP only the receptionist, I haven't got a temp so I don't know? I've  been taking paracetamol, helping a bit.