Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Abigail or should it be Abigale  (Read 11788 times)

Joyce

Abigail or should it be Abigale
« on: November 10, 2015, 04:27:28 PM »

Batten down the hatches ladies, first named storm about to hit the West Coast on Thursday, mainly Scotland.  So what's new? It's November, it gets windy. We've to get it up here too in North East. Hopefully won't reach hurricane force.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Abigail or should it be Abigale
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 09:21:37 PM »

Right now it's blowing a hooooley in Brighton  :o ……. the awning is flapping it's way to the South Downs if it gets any windier  ::) and that's 'inside' the camper  ;D

Dulciana

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 10:16:08 PM »

Batten down the hatches ladies, first named storm about to hit the West Coast on Thursday, mainly Scotland.  So what's new? It's November, it gets windy. We've to get it up here too in North East. Hopefully won't reach hurricane force.

Let's hope not, Cubagirl.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »

Oh my CLKD, stay safe. Expect you're getting rocked to sleep.  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 03:58:54 PM »

We survived!  Even though the awning sprang a 'leak'  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 04:06:40 PM »

Looks as if it's going to be fun up here over the next few days.
Torches and candles at the ready.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 04:12:15 PM »

Hot water in a flask?  Blankets?  Camping pasta: we use packets which are opened, boiling water poured into the packet, sealed for 8 mins. opened and ready to eat from the packet  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 04:47:50 PM »

Didn't see you flying past CLKD,  so reckoned you had survived.  ;)

Amber warnings for west coast. Think we're going to miss the worst of it over in the east.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 06:28:55 PM »

Maybe we all ought to have an emergency basket ?  My Mum was advised to have a case packed 'in case', it was required 12 months ago when she fell and the Paramedic was able to pick up everything she needed.  Don't know whether Mum re-packed on her return ………. not something I will mention  :-X she's a Big Girl now.

When I'm in the camper I have 2 changes of clothing in the main body of the van and the rest in a basket in the boot, means we don't have to get out into the weather for a change of clothes ……… each morning I bring a new set of clothes into the wardrobe 'in case' it's awful. Or in case we need to get out in a hurry in the night.

Dulciana

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 08:21:24 PM »

Amber warnings for west coast. Think we're going to miss the worst of it over in the east.

Yes, I'm thinking the same thing, cubagirl.

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 09:09:09 PM »

I'm in the west though.....right on the coast and nothing between me and the sea  :o Well a very large hill which helps.

I don't have any emergency basket type things or a case packed....last time I did that I was pregnant  ;D

I think we might miss the very worse as it hits further north than us....fingers crossed. I think they sort of over exaggerate ....years ago there were no Amber warnings....it was just windy  ::)

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 09:26:35 PM »

No there were no warnings & no names either. How did we survive!  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 09:30:00 PM »

I'm not sure CG.

What I do know is there will be poor camera crew on the sea front tomorrow with a drowned rat of a presenter...usually a pretty girl.....reporting on how windy it is  ;D ;D

Now they do make me laugh as it happens every single time.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 09:36:51 PM »

Nothing new. They'll show the usual train line getting hammered by waves. So what it's November it gets windy.  Poor girl will be staying ever so polite during her report. Do you remember an outtake a while back, poor guy standing in pouring rain finished his report with "This is John Smith, reporting from ------, frozen, soaking wet etc etc". Poor guy!

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 09:54:47 PM »

That train line is within 20 miles of me.....so no Gladgow trains. Who builds a train line five feet from the beach. The coast road north, again less than five feet from the sea, the gates will close so no access that way. The only other route is country roads which have been closed at points due to flooding.
Yes we have great roads around us  ::)

The camera crew always make it though....they are probably enroute as I type  ;D ;D

Honeybun
X
Pages: [1] 2