News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Truce  (Read 6799 times)

Joyce

Truce
« on: November 02, 2015, 02:57:24 PM »

I've just come back from a few days away. Came on here on my return to find things are not as calm as us ladies need.

When I joined nearly 6 years ago, everyone was so helpful & kind. However, in recent days/weeks there's been an undercurrent of ill feeling.

I'm finding I'm terrified to post certain things, in case I get a telling off. That's not on. I'm not necessarily in a great place at times & look to this forum for guidance. We are allowed to give our experiences of things, our experiences can help others. Ladies ask for opinions, we can & should be able to do so without someone taking exception.

I'm well aware that the written word can be misconstrued, but let's be kind to each other, please.

We all deserve respect.

Rant over.

CG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Truce
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 03:20:36 PM »

:thankyou:

Snowball

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 03:29:54 PM »

I
I'm well aware that the written word can be misconstrued, but let's be kind to each other, please.

We all deserve respect.

Well said CG. I don't post often but I have recommended this forum to others and commented on how supportive women are of one another on any topic. Lets not spoil that. We don't have to agree with one another but we ought to respect one another's right to have a different opinion.

LouE

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 03:33:02 PM »

Thank goodness someones posted this, im getting disheartened by all the negative and at times rude comments.

Theres a lot of us new here, we dont know what is what, describing your own experiences are one thing, but let us all support each others decisions to try xyz wether it be hrt or alternative ir whatever.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 03:44:44 PM »

If anyone thinks that a reply is harsh, then the " :o" followed by " >:(" can be used  ;)

:kick: and  :poke2: too ………

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 03:52:25 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree! We should be able to provide information and/or experiences about whatever topic without being told what and where we should post - as loing as we are polite. As you say sometimes it means providing contrary evidence or disagreeing but as long as we treat each other with respect, that is the main thing. Sometimes evidence/information and opinion/experience collide - but the information is just as important if it's made available in a kindly way! Most of us on here are trying to be helpful to other women in the best way we can and giving our time freely to do so  :)

Hurdity x

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 04:03:15 PM »

Respect, kindness, empathy and sensitivity.

It's the same as in life, treat others in the way you wish to be treated.

Beware of the need to be right, even when you're not!

If upset by a post, just say I felt....... when I read your post, so that it is easy for the other person to rephrase or explain and not go on the offensive.

Most people posting here mean well, but sometimes it is easy to be reactivated by previous experiences, that have nothing to do with the post or even by those damn hormones!

Ju Ju xx

Linsey44

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 04:19:29 PM »

Nicely put cuba girl.  I am not on here nearly as much as other women so dont really know whats been going on with threads etc.

But not a bad thing to be respectful to others.

Linsey x

thorntrees

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 04:43:34 PM »

Well said Cubagirl, I get quite upset by conflict on here even though it doesn't involve me personally. There is enough going on in our lives at this time without creating any more even if it is done unintentionally

Thorntrees

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 05:16:19 PM »

Well said.  There is enough conflict 'out there' for most of us, without having it here too.  :)

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 04:20:50 PM »

See we lost another member after I posted this topic. Coincidence? Anyway, hope things remain calm. Disliked ill feelings caused to some members. 

Group hug ladies.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 04:36:12 PM »

:-\ who ?

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »

See we lost another member after I posted this topic. Coincidence? Anyway, hope things remain calm. Disliked ill feelings caused to some members. 

Group hug ladies.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree - I expect she got fed up with the negative comments to her posts!

Respect, kindness, empathy and sensitivity.

It's the same as in life, treat others in the way you wish to be treated.

Beware of the need to be right, even when you're not!

If upset by a post, just say I felt....... when I read your post, so that it is easy for the other person to rephrase or explain and not go on the offensive.

Most people posting here mean well, but sometimes it is easy to be reactivated by previous experiences, that have nothing to do with the post or even by those damn hormones!

Ju Ju xx

Very thoughtful, wise and non-judgmental words Ju Ju - it's too easy to make someone a scapegoat and more thought on all sides would not go amiss. I will try to remember what you have said when personal comments make me upset or angry but I have often found that it's best to ignore them, for the sake of avoiding an unpleasant argument. Equally I will always try not to say anything negative or personal to or about someone - unless of course it is to say the above as you recommend!

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 08:05:29 PM »

Well Amen to that.....more consideration for all members, no matter what their views and beliefs are, on all sides.

Great thought Cuba Girl.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 10:33:17 PM »

:)
Pages: [1] 2