Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Here we go again.....  (Read 1864 times)

LW44

Here we go again.....
« on: October 31, 2015, 01:22:12 PM »

Hi ladies ,

bit more reassurance needed again... had a bit of a blip after weeks of feeling great , well good ,  had period two wks ago... and had a bit of a "doom and hot flush" then came on next day. - mood plummeted... and ive not been able to so far shake it off... its anxiety... for the last three mornings had in morning... not had for a few months.. :-/ panic that "its" back and iwont be able to go to work. (which i love) or shopping or anthing i enjoy !  i want it to disappear now !! like we all do... any chance it will ???  thank you :-)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Here we go again.....
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »

Depends on what you are taking.   beta blockas can help as can Valium 'as necessary'

LW44

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »

sertraline 50mg and hrt... it went on its own accord a couple of months ago... so im hoping the same happens again....

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 04:25:53 PM »

HORMONES  >:( …….. maybe over-riding the HRT = anxiety surges.  Bugga ………

:bighug:

I soon get black thoughts as to whether 'it's' every going to go again  :-\

LW44

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 04:39:01 PM »

yup me too !  ive had a lovely few weeks confident i was getting over last blip... planning wedding. etc... and bam ! just have to slogg through this... and yr right its black thoughts of dread its never going to go

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 04:40:22 PM »

Do you have a good result with the Seratline? and would your GP advise a Valium-type med.?

Also make sure that your body isn't hungry as that can cause anxiety surges!

LW44

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 04:49:00 PM »

yes sertraline good for me.. took on and off for last ten years after pnd.. not as this point i dont think... although once on even keel i plan to have more cbt to help with possible future episodes as worked for me a few years ago...  i make sure i am eating :-) read your posts regarding that and think its true !   in fact im constantly hungry at the moment..

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 04:54:04 PM »

I haven't recovered from changing the clocks last week, my gut is still out of sync  ::)

Have you tried slow release foods, i.e. bananas, dried fruits and nuts …….. little and often?  ( I can hear Himself saying "take your own advice!"  ::) )

I am worse in the mornings, too many commitments to face  :-\ - by mid-afternoon I'm improving, by evening I'm the real 'me' ………..

LW44

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »

been eating a banana at work in mornings.. plus breakfast cereal.. then tend to have jacket pot for lunch :-)  think its started again in morning as got myself wound up.. its like i can face things... but scared i wont be able to... very strange... and scary..

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »

Sounds like 'normal' anxiety to me  ::) …….. that feeling of dread 'in case' or 'what if'  >:( …….

LW44

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 05:47:38 PM »

yes your right it is !