Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Health and Safety  (Read 6145 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Health and Safety
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 02:47:37 PM »

I can't understand how Companies are allowed to fit squiffy little windows on properties.  Every fatal house fire in the last 5 years that has been shown on TV News has been due to those squiffy little windows  :'(. I can't understand why the Fire Brigade don't be more aware and knock on peoples' doors to encourage them to change at least one to a fire escape.  We had a window moved on our landing because I couldn't reach to clean it  ::) - it was moved along so that we can now step out of it onto the roof ………. out of the bed/bath room, pull open, step out.

JL freaks me out since they redesigned the one in MK  :-\ ………… a) I can't find what I'm looking for 'cos the dept has been moved and b) none of the aisles are in a straight line so one has to meander which means that 'desks' are in the way should an emergency occur ……..

MK freaks me out due to all that glass which is why I don't go often ……..

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 08:33:16 PM »

When we had PVC windows fitted in the 80s, we had to have windows you could open and get out. I was told that these was legislated then, so what's going on now?

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 09:04:22 PM »

Too many Companies fitting double glazing  :-\ with no forethought  ::) …….

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 01:12:57 PM »

Following on with my moan about fire exits being blocked, we have been to a Well Known Outdoor Store and found not only was the fire exit blocked by a grilled door, that was also locked  :o so quiet advice was given.  "I hadn't noticed" isn't good enough particularly in present climes ...... will be sending an e-mail to the Company Director.
Pages: 1 [2]