Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and patch  (Read 6365 times)

Jennifer3318

Vagifem and patch
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:30:11 PM »

Hello,
Does anyone know if it's possible to continue using vagifem twice weekly if you start using a hrt patch?

When I spoke to my GP recently she said you could I only have one or the other but then said she wasn't sure.

Any advice very welcome. X

honeybun

Re: Vagifem and patch
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 12:34:19 PM »

Yes you can safely take both. There are lots of need this to keep everything working properly.

At least your GP is being honest but you can tell her that it's perfectly safe.

Honeybun
X

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »

Hi Jennifer - I expect your GP will also want to know officially that this is OK as well as what other women are doing so here is what it says on this website:

VAGINAL TREATMENTS

Local estrogen can be used for vaginal and bladder symptoms, when systemic treatment is not desired or appropriate. For some women, vaginal estrogen may be required along with systemic HRT.

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php

Hurdity x  :)

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 07:01:46 PM »

That's interesting.  Generally speaking, do women on lower doses of HRT need to take both or should some women, including those on higher doses, take both?

I had always thought that systemic HRT in fairly high doses would take care of that problem but perhaps not.

england43

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 08:50:51 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Im not sure if Ive pressed the right button. Ive turned 60 and last year just started getting vaginal atrophy after having a horrible ecoli infection plus ending up with a kidney infection. I continued after that to get urine infection that then calmed down but they kept finding bits of blood now and again in my urine. Ive been to Caroline Marfleets clinic and she suggests that I use Vagifem but the last time I used it it started to feel a bit itchy and a strange feeling but im I didn't give it enough time really so im put one in this evening and im waiting to see. I have a new boyfriend and im going to see him in America and don't want any embrassing situations. I did suffer from atrial fibrillation and had two ablations on my heart so was worried about that mostly. I do have small fibroids inside but I spoke to a nurse and she said itshould be ok. What do you think.
Thank you
Louise :-\