Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Best place to rub oestrogel  (Read 47024 times)

Brit66

Re: Best place to rub oestrogel
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2020, 11:57:15 AM »

I have never washed my hands in the 15 yrs I have been using the gel, and I used to use 2 pumps, but not disagreeing with you, I never thought about it to be honest.

I think If you've been doing the same thing for 15 years  then you're going to be just fine!  :)

Sage 🍃

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2020, 12:47:45 PM »

Hi Brit66, I think that's another potentially dangerous generalisation. Cassie is on a very low dose of the gel. If a woman reads she doesn't need to wash her hands after applying the gel and she's on 4 or more pumps, the amount of estradiol after doing this daily for many years would not be comparable to Cassie's personal experience.

Personal experience is invaluable but should never replace medical instructions based on studies, after all we're all different.

Brit66

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2020, 12:53:16 PM »

Hi Brit66, I think that's another potentially dangerous generalisation. Cassie is on a very low dose of the gel. If a woman reads she doesn't need to wash her hands after applying the gel and she's on 4 or more pumps, the amount of estradiol after doing this daily for many years would not be comparable to Cassie's personal experience.

Personal experience is invaluable but should never replace medical instructions based on studies, after all we're all different.

Sage, I was addressing my comments to Cassie about her situation. As adults,  we have autonomy to own things that work for us, without necessarily recommending them to others. 

Sage 🍃

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2020, 01:09:17 PM »

Sorry Brit66, but I don't think you or anyone else can be absolutely sure Cassie will be okay in the long run. Doctors wouldn't say that. Better be safe than sorry. It's just a simple thing, to wash your hands!

Brit66

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2020, 01:36:18 PM »

Sorry Brit66, but I don't think you or anyone else can be absolutely sure Cassie will be okay in the long run. Doctors wouldn't say that. Better be safe than sorry. It's just a simple thing, to wash your hands!

Sage im sorry you feel that way, but I feel the way I do too and I feel there's a good chance that you can't be absolutely sure of your belief that all doctors would feel alarmed about Cassie's practice. I do believe that this is for Cassie to discuss with her GP if she wishes to change anything. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 01:44:57 PM by Brit66 »

Sage 🍃

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2020, 06:05:36 PM »

Sage im sorry you feel that way, but I feel the way I do too and I feel there's a good chance that you can't be absolutely sure of your belief that all doctors would feel alarmed about Cassie's practice. I do believe that this is for Cassie to discuss with her GP if she wishes to change anything.

Oh no Brit66, that's not what I meant! I was referring to following the patient leaflet instructions. All transdermal estradiol products have the same warning, some even say 'wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water'. I'm not trying to scare Cassie or anyone else, on the contrary, I'm trying to help her. Saying she'll be fine because she's been doing the wrong thing for 15 years and had no problems is not helpful, IMHO. Cancer takes decades to manifest. And no, I'm not saying she'll have cancer! I think she could spread her pump of estradiol gel before going to bed, so she can wash her hands whilst the gel is drying. Why this has suddenly become a controversial issue?  :o Sorry for hijacking your thread, OP!

Cassie

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2020, 07:49:49 PM »

I understand from googling that the reason they advise washing hands is so that one does not spread the residue to any bed partners or pets and since I have neither, I think I should be ok, hope so. :-\

Brit66

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2020, 09:07:48 PM »

Oh no Brit66, that's not what I meant! I was referring to following the patient leaflet instructions. All transdermal estradiol products have the same warning, some even say 'wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water'. I'm not trying to scare Cassie or anyone else, on the contrary, I'm trying to help her. Saying she'll be fine because she's been doing the wrong thing for 15 years and had no problems is not helpful, IMHO. Cancer takes decades to manifest. And no, I'm not saying she'll have cancer! I think she could spread her pump of estradiol gel before going to bed, so she can wash her hands whilst the gel is drying. Why this has suddenly become a controversial issue?  :o Sorry for hijacking your thread, OP!

I don't know that it's been controversial,  and, for the record, I do follow directions myself, but tbh, I just find it patronizing the way you've delivered your advice, honestly. I wanted Cassie not to feel that she was in any way not fully capable of making choices that are working for her.
We've both expressed our views, we can leave it now, yes?

Brit66

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2020, 09:09:26 PM »

I understand from googling that the reason they advise washing hands is so that one does not spread the residue to any bed partners or pets and since I have neither, I think I should be ok, hope so. :-\

Yes, they do-sounds reasonable. But don't hope for the best, speak to your dr if you are worried or concerned.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2020, 09:56:34 PM »

Yes, I thought this was your case (no partner and pets), but they also say not to let it near eyes, and you can rub them while you're sleeping. Anyway, as Brit66 says, you're an adult and perfectly able to make your own choices. I just think washing hands is so easy, I couldn't possibly have foreseen such strong resistance!

Sage 🍃

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2020, 10:00:34 PM »

I don't know that it's been controversial,  and, for the record, I do follow directions myself, but tbh, I just find it patronizing the way you've delivered your advice, honestly. I wanted Cassie not to feel that she was in any way not fully capable of making choices that are working for her.

Yes. I don't think it's patronising, though. Lots of women out there don't read leaflets. It's a genuine concern.

Brit66

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2020, 01:50:47 PM »

Yes. I don't think it's patronising, though. Lots of women out there don't read leaflets. It's a genuine concern.

I understand the concern, my point is simply that the delivery of concern is important. 

Sage 🍃

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2020, 02:12:38 PM »

Okay, Cassie I'm sorry if my 'delivery' was inappropriate.

Brit66, that doesn't change the facts though, but thank you for explaining your concern with my 'delivery' methods. I'll have that in mind when I reply to anyone else in the future.

Cassie

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2020, 02:18:35 PM »

No problem Sage, I am not really sure what that means  ;D

Sage 🍃

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2020, 02:33:09 PM »

No problem Sage, I am not really sure what that means  ;D

Thank you, Cassie! ;D

'Wash, wash, wash your hands, wash them nice and clean. Bubbly, scrubbly, scrubbly, bubbly, wash them nice and clean!'

Better?  :party:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5