Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Best place to rub oestrogel  (Read 47012 times)

abbyH

Re: Best place to rub oestrogel
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 09:50:05 PM »

As the OP - im still no clearer as to where I should be applying it!
I've been applying it on legs - inner thighs but recntly switched to upper arms

which is best!
??

Abby x

Limpy

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 10:17:23 AM »

As the OP - im still no clearer as to where I should be applying it!
I've been applying it on legs - inner thighs but recntly switched to upper arms

which is best!
??

Abby x

Abby - there have been a few comments expressed here.
Use those to inform your decision  :)

Cassie

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 11:08:29 AM »

I alternate inner thighs and back of calfs have never used it on my inner arms been over 10 yrs. One time I used it on the soles of my feet bit daft, it caused breakthrough spotting, can you believe it, so I reckon certain areas of our body take it up easier than others. I dont think you can go wrong with alternating legs.....:)

Peterspots

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 03:04:05 PM »

Has anyone used estrogel & estrodot as my consultant has suggested both but I'm starting slowly on the estrogel. The estrodot is 25 so not a large dose. I used the estrogel for the first time today.

Khughes69

• First Flush
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2020, 12:34:44 AM »

One site says you can rub it on your face!?

Khughes69

• First Flush
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2020, 12:35:48 AM »

One site says you can use on your face!?

Flan747

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2020, 06:22:37 AM »

I have been applying to inner thighs and running it in! I have seen a post that says inner forearm where the skin is thin! Does anyone else do this?trying to find a better area to absorb

Jeepers

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2020, 10:06:44 AM »

Interesting topic

I use 4 pumps, one each on inner thighs and outer arms.  I go to the Newson clinic, and they told me to rub it in.  Now I'm not sure!  If its fat that helps with absorption, I wonder whether it could be applied to buttock?  hmmm

Thanks

Jeepers xx

Jane50

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2020, 11:21:15 AM »

I'm same as you Jeepers, except I'm 5 pumps so I rub that one on my forearm!
When I was on patches they went on buttock...

Sage 🍃

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2020, 11:35:27 AM »

One site says you can use on your face!?

There are loads of false information on sites. Don't use it on your face! There's a huge amount of alcohol in the gel, you would end up shrinking your face. Absorption depends on the size of the area where you spread the gel, your face wouldn't make any difference. You could also get dark skin discolouration (chloasma) on your face.

violetbat

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »

I was originally alternating between thighs and upper arm/shoulder as the packet says. The relief was erratic and I definitely got less relief when I rubbed it on the inner thighs. A couple of months ago I switched to the inside of my arms and the difference in symptoms relief is palpable- flushes pretty well gone whereas on the inner thighs I still got sweats at night..
I will also try on lower leg where the skin is thinner.
I have no idea whether to rub or not. There seem to be so many difference in opinion on that matter.

Flan747

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2020, 11:52:57 AM »

I’m definitely going to give inner arms a try. It makes sense to use it in thinner skin but then again nothing to do with the menopause makes much sense 😄 will start today and give it a few weeks

Sage 🍃

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2020, 11:57:55 AM »

Interesting topic

I use 4 pumps, one each on inner thighs and outer arms.  I go to the Newson clinic, and they told me to rub it in.  Now I'm not sure!  If its fat that helps with absorption, I wonder whether it could be applied to buttock?  hmmm

Thanks

Jeepers xx

Hi Jeepers, that's a very interesting question! My sister had a total hysterectomy and unilateral oophorectomy (her other ovary has shrunken) and her Gynae has told her she could spread (not rub) the gel on her lower abdomen, inner thighs and outer arms, alternating sites. I'm sure she would like to add her buttocks to the list! She's on 6 pumps!

Uptick

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2020, 01:53:46 PM »

I was originally alternating between thighs and upper arm/shoulder as the packet says. The relief was erratic and I definitely got less relief when I rubbed it on the inner thighs. A couple of months ago I switched to the inside of my arms and the difference in symptoms relief is palpable- flushes pretty well gone whereas on the inner thighs I still got sweats at night..
I have no idea whether to rub or not. There seem to be so many difference in opinion on that matter.

Hi violetbat, the patient information leaflet says to 'spread the gel', not to rub. I've checked this with the manufacturer and some menopause docs, they agree that hydroalcoholic gels are not supposed to be rubbed, once you spread the gel the alcohol will evaporate and the estradiol molecules will permeate through your skin. Rubbing will only make you lose estradiol to your hands.

Brit66

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2020, 07:31:19 AM »

Hi violetbat, the patient information leaflet says to 'spread the gel', not to rub. I've checked this with the manufacturer and some menopause docs, they agree that hydroalcoholic gels are not supposed to be rubbed, once you spread the gel the alcohol will evaporate and the estradiol molecules will permeate through your skin. Rubbing will only make you lose estradiol to your hands.

Sandrena is a gel that also contains alcohol and the instructions say to rub in the gel gently, so I guess the gels are a little different to each other :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5