Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Sorry this is so long but I'm desperate  (Read 10241 times)

peacemakerukuk

Re: Sorry this is so long but I'm desperate
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2015, 05:10:02 PM »

Hi all,
Just thought I'd bring you all up-to-date.  I finally got to see my preferred GP today.  She has put me on Elleste Duet 2mg from the 1mg and told me to stop taking the Sertraline.  I told her I wasn't happy taking them in the first place and that I'd gone on to the Menopause Matters forum and all the other helpful ladies told me to not take it and she agreed.  She said she tells her patients to come on here because of the wealth of information  :) :) :)

Also I have an appointment on Monday with a gynaecologist who my GP reckons may want me to have the mirena coil to help with my heavy periods but I'm quite weary of it after hearing the horror stories of how painful it is to have inserted.  I'm hoping the higher dose of Elleste will sort those out and make them more manageable.  I'll got back and see my GP in six weeks.

Hurdity

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2015, 05:22:56 PM »

Thanks for the update peacemakerukuk

Hope it all works out well for you  :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2015, 09:10:12 PM »

Could you postpone the Gynae appt. or go along and explain where you are in treatment and maybe wait if he/she suggests the Mirena?  Don't feel rushed into anything, you could ask for a follow-up appt. with the Gynae in the New Year  ;)

Let us know won't you!

peacemakerukuk

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2015, 08:31:34 PM »

Yet another update - the gynae appointment was a waste of time.  She's basically said I should give the Elleste Duet 2mg three months and if I'm still having problems then to make a follow up appointment.  Today its been 6 days since stopping the anti-depressant and I've had no problems with that so tonight I'll start taking the 2mg instead of the 1mg Elleste Duet.  Hopefully I'll see some change in the next few weeks because the 11 days of 1mg have done nothing.  Onwards and upwards  :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]