Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Normal?  (Read 4259 times)

Normal?
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:33:52 AM »

We've probably discussed this before, but I have to ask anyway. Period started exactly a week ago and lasted for about 4 days. Today I've had some thick pinkish/white mucus discharge. Is this "normal"? According to my handy app ;) I'm moving in to another fertile period and should be 20 days away from my next period.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Normal?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 09:48:50 AM »

Sounds 'normal' - is it 'usual' for your cycle?

rosie c

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 09:55:08 AM »

Can I ask What app you are using ... sounds interesting ? x

ancient runner

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 10:19:50 AM »

I had about a year where if there was any mucus it was pink - sometimes more, sometimes less. interspersed with some monstrous periods. Then it all stopped. It may be your new normal. If it goes on for that long, do what I should have done and yet your iron levels checked!

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 10:31:36 AM »

Can I ask What app you are using ... sounds interesting ? x

It's called My Cycles.

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 01:12:50 PM »

When I was doing my charting of cycles and reading a natural family planning site, I discovered you could have bleeding at ovulation when oestrogen is high and progestogen shaky and that this could look like a period, which is why the period is not a safe time.  It is quite possible it is spotting.

Looking at my charts, it was impossible to tell what was and what was not a period.  Also, basal temperature taking was not accurate if you had been awake half the night.  ::) and I never got the hang of the cervix thing (nor wanted to for some reason).

I did it mainly out of interest and have a graph of 18months of constant periods on the computer to look back on  ;D

http://www.njnfp.org/documents/NaturalFamilyPlanningandPremenopause.pdf
http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps7815.html#stchartslug

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 03:30:59 PM »

Yep. Definitely eggwhite mucus now. I guess it's possible that I will get my period kn 2 weeks. The last couple of periods have been 26-27 days apart, so I guess even closer wouldn't be impossible...