Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oestrogel  (Read 6441 times)

Liz

Oestrogel
« on: September 08, 2015, 10:06:41 AM »

Can I ask where you find it best to apply your Oestrogel?  I usually do inner thighs but am trying inner arms at the moment. 

Chi chi

Re: Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »

I use mine on the outer tops of my arms  :)

Liz

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »

Thanks, perhaps I'll try the outer arms then - have you always used it there?

Chi chi

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 10:26:24 AM »

Yes occasionally used it on the inside of my legs but I find it easier on the arms  ;)

Liz

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 10:41:45 AM »

I'll try it then, thanks! How many pumps do you use?

orchid

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 10:46:41 AM »

Does everyone take progesterone with their oestrogel? I was wondering if I just used three times a week do I still need progesterone too. I still have my womb, so presume I will?

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 10:51:04 AM »

When I used it, I preferred using on upper arms.

dazned

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 11:03:14 AM »

If you still have your womb then you need progesterone too.

Chi chi

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 12:59:14 PM »

I use 3 a day, 2 in the morning and the other at night

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 01:01:20 PM »

orchid - yes, you do need to use some progesterone even if you only used Oestrogel 3 times a week.  To be honest, you may as well use Oestrogel properly every day and get the full benefit instead of just randomly - using it every other day would give fluctuations that might not give any real relief from meno symptoms.  If you are trying to help vaginal atrophy, dryness and bladder problems then you could try local oestrogen like Vagifem which only absorbs locally so doesn't require any progesterone.  However if you want to reduce flushes and other meno symptoms then it's better to use a proper dose of HRT.

Liz - I've always used Oestrogel on my inner thighs after my shower as I find this the easiest place to apply and a larger area fro application. I like to use moisturiser on my arms which you can't do when using Oestrogel.  We are all different so it doesn't matter whether it's the arms or thighs really - I just worry that, if I apply it to arms, some Oestrogel might get absorbed directly to my breasts.  DG x

Mary G

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 03:36:17 PM »

I use oestrogel on my upper arms and thighs. 

Estelle, do you split your dose between morning and evening to avoid a dip?  Do you find it works better this way? 

Liz

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 06:16:47 PM »

Thanks ladies.  The reason I wondered was that I'm currently applying some "Holiday Sun" body lotion after my shower on my white legs in readiness for our holiday to Menorca next week, so I was worried about applying the gel on top of the lotion.

donnacrichton

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 06:36:52 PM »

I've been on same dose for 5 weeks and still getting fluctuations. Dose doesn't seem too high or too low just keep getting fluctuations. Any ideas?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 06:43:13 PM »

donnarichton - If you are peri meno then these fluctuations will be because your own hormones are kicking in and out in the background. You also can't expect HRT to alleviate everything in just 5 weeks.  You need 3-6 months on the same dose to really see how things are. Don't change anything for a few months and I bet your symptoms will gradually settle.  dG x

babyjane

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 07:07:09 PM »

Can Oestrogel help with anxiety and mood swings and lack of motivation or are ADs better.  I am starting to lose the plot after being ok for several years.
Pages: [1] 2