Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Joint pain  (Read 3300 times)

Cthrnstowe

Joint pain
« on: August 29, 2015, 03:18:09 PM »

Hi ladies,
Anyone recommend anything for joint pain, every part of me is aching,I've woke up this morning and I'm in agony x

Cthrnstowe

Re: Joint pain
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »

Hi sparkle
Had the aching for a while now but gradually getting worse, had pain killers but not worked feel like an old woman, getting really fed up now, went the doctors yesterday tried to discuss the menopause, she told me to make another appointment to discuss it, couldn't get one for another month xx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 03:53:29 PM »

Mine was caused by low vitamin D. Since using a spray-under-the-tongue supplement the pains have all but gone. You can get your level tested by your GP. It's a common problem in the UK. I am also on HRT which might make a difference.

Taz x

dazned

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »

If you had an appointment yesterday did you not ask them what was wrong about them not discussing then !  :-\

Omega 3 oils help with aches ,Epsom salts baths are good too. Hope you get some relief soon.

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 03:58:03 PM »

Hi taz
I have had my level checked the doctor did say it was abit low but she said it was common in the UK like you said, but never recommend anything xx

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 04:01:28 PM »

Hi dazned
The doctor said she would like abit more time to discuss my options, in the meantime I'm going crazy xx

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 04:04:55 PM »

If it was a bit low then it's strange that you weren't advised to use a supplement. It may be common but that doesn't mean that you have to put up with side effects and as we are now going into autumn and winter it will dip lower. This time of year it will be at it's highest level. I use a spray recommended by the doc (she uses it herself). It's called Better You Vitamin D oral spray. I get mine from Holland and Barrett. There is also a multi vitamin spray which contains Vitamin D but also other vitamins if you feel you might benefit from an overall boost.

Taz x

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »

I did ask her about vitamins she said if I'm eating a healthy diet which I do, then I don't need to waste my money x

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 04:53:03 PM »

I would only be able to see the doctor with an emergency appointment and you don't get much time to discuss anything, I also take starflower oil and probiotics x

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 05:05:59 PM »

High iron levels can cause joint pain along with other symptoms such as fatigue. I hope you've been referred for more tests Ctrhrnstowe?

Taz x

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 05:27:11 PM »

Yes taz I need  to have another blood test, I had put another thread on regarding high iron, but didn't get much back, I put it on because I had been talking to a friend and she said she has seen something about it being connected with the menopause due to not having periods xx

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »

It's not usually connected to the menopause as far as I can see. It's caused by your body not being able to get rid of iron and so it gets stored within the body. This can lead to all sorts of symptoms and problems. It's called Haemochromatosis and is usually hereditary.  I think it depends on how your levels are as to what effect it has. This could be a reason for you feeling not right though.

I see from your past posts that you had a blood test done early in August which came back as high iron levels but then they repeated the test which showed normal levels? Is it a recent blood test which has shown raised levels again because fluctuating levels are also indicative of haemochromatosis.

Taz x

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 06:06:55 PM »

When I phoned for my results they said the test come back normal, but when I went back yesterday the doctor said it was still slightly up, that's why another test is getting done, to be quite honest I don't know if I'm coming or going, that's causing me a lot of stress 😢x

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 07:33:22 PM »

Hi sparkle
I know it's horrible when the receptionist said everything was ok I felt ok, since I've been told I'm now really stressed agen, it's surprising what the mind can do, I've had a horrible day today just feel theirs no end to this x

hheatherm1

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 10:23:51 PM »

Hi I also went to the Doctor about the pains all over and was giving tablets co-codomol and Naprosene... not sure if my spelling correct but still have the pains during the day :/ also the doctor thinks I have sciatica in my right hip which comes and goes :D... to top it all my left shoulder cricks as I use it lol I feel like I'm falling to bits, my hands and feet are sore all the time too :D I want to be put on HRT  but they say they would rather not as I am too young and you can only stay on it for 10 years ??? its so frustrating being a women :-\ xx
I also suffer from hot flushes - night flushes over heating at night (sometimes sleep with my feet out the bed :P )
emotional wreck feeling like flinging things cups pillows lol
burst in to tear for no reason at all
Low sex drive  :o
get 2 periods one month and maybe none the next
gaining weight now  :-\
But the pain is the worsted I really find it hard to cope  :(
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:55:03 PM by hheatherm1 »