Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Other Forums  (Read 9462 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Other Forums
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 04:47:23 PM »

:thankyou:

another Forum I left because there was one person there: male or female: that went out of his/her way to diss others.  Despite being 'moderated' : apparently  >:( : this person was taken off the Forum and then let back on because he/she knew one of the mods..   When he/she told me something about DH that was absolutely not true I left.  The person told a lies, making out that I was divorcing my husband …….  :-X in the real World of course, he/she would now be in Court!

I was invited to be a mod on one US-based health group but after 5 years the owner suddenly took a 'dislike' to me ……. I kept within guidelines but spoke my mind regarding stuff.  She suddenly didn't like what I was offering up even though it was personal experience/s.  So I sent a rude open e-mail to her and left.  Several years later another mod. sent me a PM to tell me that the owner had been going through a 'bad time' and maybe I would like to drop by? but hey, we were all there because we were going through a 'bad time'  ::)

Same with a dog group - offering up personal experiences about issues and 2 others told me I was incorrect  :-\ - so again I left and I did get some supportive PMs after.

It's friendly here.  Despite our occasional spats we do seem to get alone  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »

I think we all have to think before we write/speak.

Now I know this is going to be a bit controversial ....but I can only speak as I find.

I have quite a few relatives scattered around the country and I have found that depending on where they come from reflects how they are.

Scottish people generally call a spade a spade with no flowers or faldarals. Being like this perhaps makes us a bit less sensitive to some comments. But the further south you go....only speaking about my family here....the more flowery they become.
As a Scot....I don't quite get it or understand it.

Maybe it's just my family but I think region plays a huge part in how people respond to things.

Do I need to duck now  ;D

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 07:02:11 PM »

I calls a spade a spade  :-\ …….. and I was born as far East as one can get  :D …….

Maybe it's the Viking influence Honeybun  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 07:08:35 PM »

Maybe, but I know some of hubbies family, when they come to visit don't get me at all. And I don't get them either.
We are just so different...maybe flowery is the wrong word and perhaps it's a language thing.

The Scots can be a bit brisk, and being sensitive does not work up here.  ::)

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »

Also: I had a friend from Glasgow whose accent was so thick that I had difficulty understanding him so maybe that is part of the problem?

Norfolk people have their own language  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 07:19:55 PM »

I don't have a Glasgow accent....nor do I have a regional one as my dad was from Manchester, so I think it's not that strong. Well to other Scots anyway.....probably it would be to you CLKD  ;D

Funny how us Scots don't have a problem with you southern girls accents.

Honeybun
X

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 12:24:33 PM »

I'm on a couple of greyhound forums - one is very small and we have all met up at some point or other.  The other is larger but great for advice.  My meno nurse pointed me in the direction of this one and we often chat about it when I see her (have wondered if she is on here as well sometimes ;)).

SadLynda

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »

This is the only place I can log into and not end up feeling worse than I did to start with ::)

Joyce

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 04:21:06 PM »

My hubby tells it like it is, no sugary coating.  I do sometimes, it depends on the situation. My daughter says I changed my thought processes when I trained as nursery nurse around 20 years ago putting a more positive slant on things. Not sure that's true. I got into trouble on more than one occasion for telling parents the truth about their child's behaviour. I looked on at as if it was my child I'd want to know if they were being particularly naughty. But one boss said I was not allowed to, end of. Sorry I've digressed.
Pages: 1 [2]