Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 45813 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2015, 09:10:52 PM »

So menopause isn't 'serious' then  :o - what did your referring GP say when you went back to see him/her ?

rantywoman

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2015, 09:17:24 PM »

I thought a female would have been understanding but how wrong was I? I find some of  the younger medics who aren't of menopausal age tend to look on it as a trivial matter and think that we're making more of it than we should. Well, lets hope when they reach menopause they get find out what its all about good and proper.

My own gp was a little shocked but said she had to go with what the gynae put in her report......I could either take Vagifem or FemsevenConti, those were my choices. Sheesh!! Talk about wanting to bang my head in a wall!

dazned

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2015, 08:39:10 AM »

He included me with all decisions and lots of different options and we talked for about an hour each time I saw him .I can also contact him personally by phone or e-mail.

rantywoman

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2015, 01:59:14 PM »

That must make you feel more reassured dazned and I bet you weren't treated like a nuisance either. How wonderful.

I have had a reply from Dr. Currie and she has answered my question fully and clearly. I am so glad I contacted her and now I can go back to see my doc armed with my printout. I feel much more reassured and happier now :)

CLKD

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2015, 02:03:13 PM »

Thanks for letting us know!

dazned

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2015, 03:19:30 PM »

That's great to hear Ranty let us know how you get on at gp  ;)

Sarai

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2015, 03:56:45 PM »

My health anxiety us on the rampage yet again. I just put my ADs up, only a little as I'm super sensitive, but I'm so fed up of being depressed and anxious.
So 2 weeks in and anxiety is kicking me while I'm down again. I realised just the other day that I have toyed with the idea of bowel cancer, pancreatic cancer, gall bladder  obstruction, breast cancer, a rare skin cancer and now thyroid cancer. Seriously it awful.
I only needed a sensation near my thyroid a couple of times and that was it and now they put a flipping advert for it too on TV, driving nuts it is.
I've also been battling dreadful tinnitus which keeps me awake off if I get to sleep meno stuff wakes me up. I even took melatonin, it sent me straight off only to be woken by needing the loo and swears.
I desperately want my old life back.

rantywoman

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2015, 08:27:58 PM »

Will let you know how I get on ladies! I wont be going this week as I'm off again to visit my elderly parents for a few days, but as soon as possible I'll be making an appointment.

Sarai, I sympathise with you as tinnitus is horrendous.It's such a cruel condition that can make you want to run with your head in a wall. I have it and I find that a lot of prescription meds make it louder and more unbearable. I wonder if your AD's are doing that? When tinnitus is peaking it can make us so much more emotional and susceptible to HA thoughts.

Rebelyell

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2015, 08:31:29 PM »

Me too, Sarai.  I sympathise.   I have whatever I read about or see on TV, it gets very tiresome.

I have ended up wasting day after day, which, if I am actually seriously ill, is a terrible waste, isn't it?

Try the two week rule.   Put whatever symptom you have to the back of your mind for two weeks.  If you then still have it then go to the doctor.  But chances are, it will have gone away.

Mind you, by then you might have another!  Our library has 'books on prescription' and there is a good one called 'Overcoming health anxiety'.   

rantywoman

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2015, 08:38:13 PM »

I wonder if we would all be having continual HA if we weren't constantly bombarded by worst case scenario adverts  on tv and constantly seeing the word Cancer on website after website? I think it feeds our anxiety.

I may see if I can find that book Rebelyell, thanks for mentioning it.

Rebelyell

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2015, 09:26:20 PM »

I found it really useful.   Hope you find it.

CLKD

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2015, 07:46:16 AM »

Nope - I have been through cancer treatment and the adverts don't have any impact.  Other than me thinking 'but the NHS hasn't time/space for any more referrals'  ::)

This morning I'm worried about having a panic attack later as I am alone until this evening  :sigh:

Rebelyell

« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2015, 07:51:49 AM »

I am also rubbish on my own these days.  Can't believe it after years of longing for my own space.  I have a funny feeling in my chest today which has the capacity to bring on a panic attack.  OH went out early today and I am off to work later.  Bloody health anxiety!

CLKD

« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2015, 07:52:11 AM »

:hug:

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »

Hi ladies
Back again from a 2 week holiday, had good and bad days,had all my usual anxieties, new one dvt because I was on a 9 hr flight, some days felt like a 90 year old, my granddaughter that's only 3 said nana won't want to come On the rides because she's grumpy, had a good talk to my husband and broke down crying, got an appointment today at the docs to discuss the menopause, husband has suggested we go away tomorrow for a break for a couple of days, only come back yesterday from holiday, hopefully will get some help xx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10