Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 45804 times)

honeybun

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 08:19:42 PM »

A ginger nut to dunk would be good.

We could be here a while  ;D

Honeybun
X

honeybun

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2015, 08:24:24 PM »

Will I bring an overnight bag  ;D

Honeybun
X

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2015, 08:30:16 PM »

Yes please, I will bring a bottle.....of Gaviscon  ;D

Honeybun
X

honeybun

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2015, 09:01:49 PM »

No stopping us.

Heck I wish  ::)

Thinking about bed and it's only 10:00

Honeybun
X

joyce21

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2015, 11:12:59 PM »

Oh yeh, dry mouth, i'd forgotten that one, had that a couple of months ago, completely dry but just on one side!!! Mine atm is the not being able to fill my lungs properly, also bloating big style, sometimes look like i'm about 6 months pregnant, now whats that all about, I feel hungry and sicky, so make myself eat, then i'm bloaty and sicky, can't win lol
think we could all be here sometime xx

Melly

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 02:54:31 AM »

I saw this thread and could not pass it up- I hope there is room for one more?  It is so comforting to know I'm not the only one like this. 

It started with pain in my lt arm pit.  Then tingling down both arms, pain in lt side of neck.  Followed by terrible digestive issues, lt sided throat pain, now pain under ribs, abdomen, etc.  Oh the list endless!  As soon as a sx calms, another one pops up to replace it.  What is that about??

And why does every pain/ache seem obvious to me that it's fatal?  I stopped taking my birth control bill in May bc I wanted to see what was going on with myself, things were changing with my cycle.  Now I've not had a period since May.  Yet it feels like my ovaries are desparately trying to produce something.  I often feel as if I'm in permanent PMS.  I spent all last yr visiting the dr, going to the emergency room.  One doctor even asked if I had been "consulting with Dr Google" bc I was so sure I was dying.  I am now trying to avoid dr visits.  So I'm convinced I'm still dying and by the time it's too late, they will tell me they could've saved me, if only I'd come in sooner.  No wonder my family thinks I'm looney.  I cant bear to discuss with them or DH.  Just keep it all inside.

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 08:29:36 AM »

Hi ladies
Got yet another hospital appointment this afternoon, this is a follow up to the neck X-ray I had done last month, I forgot Ide had the X-ray done, my memory is terrible as well, I'm gonna really try and stay away from doctors and hospitals and see how I go on xx

Rebelyell

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 10:33:53 AM »

Interesting how some of us avoid doctors, and some prefer lots of tests.  I am halfway between - I don't like going to Drs and Dentist but can't get rid of HA until I do.   An 'all clear' can settle me until the next issue/symptom.   

I felt like a different woman when it cleared last time, thought I was over it and back to my old self.    It felt like ages but in reality was only about three and half weeks.    Now I'm thinking - is this my life?  Three and a half weeks a year??   Bugger!

How is everyone else today?   It does occur to me that this [logging on here] is one of the worst things you can do - it actually feeds your anxiety.   A therapist told me to tell my OH not to respond to my 'what do you think...' questions - he was to say 'I'm not feeding it' and ignore me.    She also said I was to try a week without any Dr googling, and that includes this.  Has anyone tried cold turkey?   I did on a recent holiday and was perfectly OK - no issues at all.   Mind you, I was 'well' before I went. 

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2015, 10:50:01 AM »

my husband says you was obsessed with Google seeing what's wrong with you, now your obsessed with the menopause website, must admit he does have a point xx

Rebelyell

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2015, 11:21:35 AM »

OK - I'm going to try it.  Cold turkey for a week - I am away Friday to Monday anyway and working two other days.

I'm in the middle of a major HA attack so will test the 'google feeds it' theory and stop searching/checking and coming on here to moan/get reassurance/reassure others.

Will check in for last time at about 10pm tonight.  Wish me luck!  Will report back from 'the other side' in a week!

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2015, 12:12:07 PM »

I'm away for 2 week on Saturday, I won't be on here, it will be interesting to see what happens x

pricey

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »

Dry sore mouth and throat. Arrrgh! Just to add to the breathlessness, palpitations, perpetual feeling of doom . . . I nearly logged back on at 4am to see if anyone else was suffering  ;) At least we're in this together.

xx

babyjane

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2015, 02:20:44 PM »

Take care you two, hope things work out and you start to feel a bit better.

I must admit I always feel better if I stay off the internet as a whole but I would miss the social aspect of this forum too much to stay away too long.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2015, 02:24:28 PM »

Why did you come here initially?  Does being here help your feeling in general?  It's not a matter of you having problems which others suffer with and there is a change that those symptoms may happen during 'the change' - but it might not  ::)

How long do you think you'll last without dropping by?

babyjane

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2015, 02:29:56 PM »

I usually last a couple of hours before looking in to see what's happening, unless I am physically away from my house  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10