Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 45812 times)

spider

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2015, 05:33:45 PM »

OMG.. Reading through all the posts here has made my day!

I've had health anxiety since childhood and had every illness going too...feel so much better after reading everyone's comments here.. ;D

Today so far I've had 2 strokes, a DVT and now worrying about breast pain. I'm taking femoston 1/10 and so far so good apart from the awful leg aches which I've been reassured by some ladies on here is normal.

The power of support from fellow sufferers will get me through this phase ... so thank you xxx

:thankyou: :foryou:

spider

« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »

Feel so much better today after reading this thread Sparkle....I've been so anxious recently and for the first time EVER I'm actually laughing at how ridiculous things seem when they are written down and experienced by others out there!  :D :D :D

So glad to have the comfort of the forum to sound off....my family just don't listen anymore and I often keep quiet even when I am genuinely ill.

Spider x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2015, 09:30:48 PM »

I've had vague jaw pains for a few weeks, of course it's the implants gone wrong or I haven't kept the surrounding sockets clean enough and they will have to be removed  :-X ……….

Rebelyell

« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2015, 04:21:39 PM »

How are we all? CLKD - I had the jaw pains for several weeks - also thought the worst, but it went.   Piles went.  Now have bad sore throat so am thinking it must be some form of terminal illness [although other half has cold so is probably JUST a cold]. 

But most of all I hate the health anxiety.  It feeds on itself and never really goes away.  Anybody banished it for good?

CLKD

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2015, 06:26:33 PM »

When I feel well, I'm well.  When I get a pain in the breasts, particularly the 1 that had surgery, my mind begins to whittle …..  :( …….. and of course, 2-day's anxiety has got me going.

Footymum115

« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2015, 11:15:27 PM »

health anxiety is worst thing about menopause well for me too anyway. This forum is a godsend, no one else seems to understand. I thought I was over all my anxieties, upset stomachs,heartburn, palpitations, urine infections. Bang last 6 weeks been worst eve and Google is my new best friend, cant help myself! got the throat swallowing thing now too feels like constant catarrah in my throat, I'm getting endoscopy on Wed. I'm a coeliac with IBS and early menopause just played havoc with my body, moods and life, Its just nice to know we are not alone, and I take hope knowing I'm not alone.  I don't tell my husband half of it and certainly not my 12 year old son! Doc wants me on hrt but im not sure but I'm getting desperate.  which type do I consider, not had period for 8 months, i go to menopause clinic to discuss dint know what.  Will health anxieties ever go away. :'(

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2015, 08:27:05 PM »

Well ladies I'm still here with my health anxiety, you would not believe the amount of tests I've had done over the last few weeks, they still can't find anything wrong, I'm convinced they are missing something, really down in the dumps with it, I didn't get anywhere with my doctor regarding hrt, she doesn't think their is any point, she said the only thing it really helps with is the hot flushes, I'm really at my wits end with it, made an appointment today for acupuncture for my bad back xx

Hurdity

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2015, 08:33:48 PM »

Um - so if you have hot flushes and this is bothering you, and your periods have become a bit irregular, you are entitled to HRT! It actually does help with an awful lot besides. Obviously it won't help with other health conditions that are not meno related but that's a different matter entirely!

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »

When you really do have something you'll be fine  ::) - my attitude to possible illness went when I had treatment! but I worry more about Himself these nights  :'(

Maybe visit your Practice Nurse rather than a GP or change Surgeries.

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2015, 09:14:42 PM »

The hot flushes I can live with, it's the health anxiety that is driving me crazy, I'm at the docs every week, I've had blood tests 3 week on the run, they give me antibiotics last week just in case I had an infection, I'm convinced they are just trying to keep me quiet xx

Footymum115

« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2015, 11:44:38 PM »

Thanks Sparkle appreciate your comments. Hopefully I'll get all clear at endoscopy tmrrw and I can try and gain some control back.
x

CLKD

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »

Hope that you didn't take the ABs!

I have decided that the irritating cough in the day is that: a cough: because it no longer keeps me awake in the night  ::) - however, I have had an aching left shoulder and sternum - that was after washing down a wall yesterday so maybe that is the more likely cause?

Janeyp

« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2015, 03:24:13 PM »

Yes yes yes yes ! Health anxiety is the worst - never been to the doctors so much in my life!
I'd love to see a like button on here! I would be pressing it so many times
You ladies are all so brilliant
You make me feel so much better

CLKD

« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2015, 04:07:57 PM »

Browse round  ;)

Janeyp

« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2015, 05:32:41 PM »

Darling girls
 I have nothing to be depressed about generally and life is fairly even thank goodness but when I'm estorgen lacking, I go down the black hole of Calcutta faster than a hot knife though butter! It's funny today as I'm all about the estorgen but when that prog time hits me - oh boy I'm not laughing then
It does help to tell myself it's the hormones - but only a bit - I find myself so very low and then anxious I sometimes can't move for fear of tripping up the little bit of equilibrium that's left to me
Had a week this month where I thought ' that's it I've lost the plot never to return'
I hope it helps to know someone else feels the same things - all of these posts today have helped me so very much
A big thanks X
Janey p
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10