Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Do men listen?  (Read 7911 times)

ellie

Do men listen?
« on: August 18, 2015, 04:27:57 PM »

Yesterday my DH was spraying the weeds in the front garden, I called out to him NOT to spray in the back garden because of the dog.....Guess what he did today  >:(.......YES the back garden  :cuss:.....So I had a quiet word with him (not), and he then spent ages fencing off the grass...
    He defenetly heard me yesterday, so does it just go in one ear then  out of the other
      Anyone else have a selectively deaf DH ?

babyjane

Re: Do men listen?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 05:03:23 PM »

they listen and they hear but I don't think they retain what has been said  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 05:10:14 PM »

Every sympathy ellie. My hubby manages to "forget" conversations. As for important dates, OMG if I've told him once about our holiday dates I've told him a million times, we only go away tomorrow. Now it's when do we come back? Arghhhhhhhh

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 06:53:53 PM »

:rofl:

Oh yes this sounds familiar.

I used to think my memory was going when he used to tell me I had never informed him of this that or the other.
That went on for years until my kids were old enough to say.....I heard mummy telling you that  ;D

Then I knew it was selective hearing.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 09:23:51 PM »

My son has backed me up on occasion too. Nice to know we're not losing our marbles yet!  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 10:03:59 PM »

I would be so mad Ellie ………. talk about 1 job making him another  :kick:

Linsey44

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 10:22:44 PM »

Hi Ellie

Nope they dont listen despite answering you at tje time.

Then when they hear you discussing the same thing they havent listened to with a friend for example they have the cheek to say "you never told me that" .  Then further deny all knowledge of the conversation despite telling them in great detail exactly what you said, when you said it, where they were when you said it etc etc etc.

Yip you might have guessed it annoys me too when they dont listen.

Linsey x

getting_old

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 01:16:17 AM »

In the case of DH he definitely has selective hearing, but in addition he then only commits around 50% of what he hears to memory. I can tell him what was said when and he will deny all knowledge of it. In all fairness there have been occasions when I may have forgotten stuff he told me   :-X

Vivasunflower

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 07:47:38 AM »

I have to speak to my Husband like I speak to my 5 YO son if I want him to listen. Men have a filter system, and woman talk in detail, so if you speak a long sentence about not spraying the back fence, it is highly possible for eg: that all he heard was FENCE, BACK, SPRAY!!!  ;) ::)

Tongue in cheek, BUT DEADLY SERIOUS!!! It drives me insane when someone tells DH something and he shows great interest, when I told him the same thing only hours earlier  ::) good job I love him.

x.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 01:54:01 PM »

Yep.  We have these types of issues all year round.  Good Job I love him  ;) but it makes me really angry.

Limpy

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 03:10:39 PM »

Do men listen?
I suppose it's possible..........
It does seem to be selective, if it does happen at all

Suzi Q

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 01:05:48 PM »

Yesterday my DH was spraying the weeds in the front garden, I called out to him NOT to spray in the back garden because of the dog.....Guess what he did today  >:(.......YES the back garden  :cuss:.....So I had a quiet word with him (not), and he then spent ages fencing off the grass...
    He defenetly heard me yesterday, so does it just go in one ear then  out of the other
      Anyone else have a selectively deaf DH ?
NO they dont listen they never have we are like a buzz
Its like a MANS look in the fridge or cuboard up u get and its right in front of them
They cant help it what I did when youger was sing to Bobbles Id wake him up singing I want bla bla bla
It worked but then I was size 6 25 5/3)still am 5/3 and used my femine wiles to get my way now!!!
To be fair he listens but I dont think he has till hes either done what I needed doing or bought me what I wanted hehehehe

Dulciana

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 04:23:42 PM »

I think men hear us but they don't listen to us.   Mine's often like that, anyway.  I can always tell when he's just hearing me - usually when he's got his laptop in front of him, reading something totally fascinating - because he answers me in a far-away way, no matter what I've said.  That is so irritating!!    :bang:   Then he sighs, looks wide-eyed at me and says, "Mmm........"      Yep - hearing but not listening.   ::)

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 01:27:20 PM »

they also don't see the obvious  ::).

We had all the family here this weekend for his birthday with a lunch party yesterday.  He posted on FB to thank them all for coming and for his presents.  Am I pathetic to feel a bit miffed that he has not thanked me for arranging it, doing the catering and doing the spare rooms so they could stay over.  I just want a little thank you of appreciation, we all like to be appreciated don't we.  Now I'm whining........  :(

Dulciana

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 01:52:30 PM »

Do they listen or see?  That (to quote Shakespeare) is the question!   ::)
Pages: [1] 2