Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: smear  (Read 1926 times)

Shaon1978

smear
« on: August 11, 2015, 07:41:42 PM »

Hi everyone

has anyone had a normal smear test but then had a call from doctors to say there was endometrial cells present?

my normal doctor is off but got a txt to call the surgery and they wanted to speak to me but would get someone else to call me, and i must say this doctor was useless and last time i spoke to her she was useless, she clearly had'nt looked through my notes and had no idea, then just said if had any issues to let them know.

I don't trust her at all and wondering why my usual doctor wanted to speak with me if he wasnt concerned.

Any one else think I should speak with someone else or am I worrying for no reason.

Sharon

Taz2

Re: smear
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 07:54:01 PM »

Hi Shaon - how worrying especially when you don't trust the doctor who has dealt with it.

It would seem that if you are pre-menopausal then a result of endometrial cells present isn't anything to get concerned about if it was taken quite close to a period. Being on HRT can also give this result I think. http://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepage.cfm?ID=x20101208194815544898  It seems to depend on your age to be honest.

I hope that this isn't too worrying for you but obviously you need to follow this up if you feel you haven't been dealt with correctly.

Taz x

Shaon1978

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 07:58:07 PM »

Thanks Taz

I have had so much going on at the moment when I get that txt to call the doctors I panic and worry, I may wait till my ususal doctor is back and just talk it through with him to put my mind at ease.

x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 10:13:24 PM »

Who wouldn't be worried!  Have a chat with your Practice Nurse?

[little JR Pup there? ]

SadLynda

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 09:59:00 AM »

Agree with others. Try not to panic, and if you are happy with your usual GP wait for him.  Or as our friend says try the practice nurse too.

Love the puppy:)

Shaon1978

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 07:01:25 PM »

Thanks guys I will speak with my usual GP.

It is indeed a JR  puppy he is now 2 and still very cute ha ha x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 07:02:10 PM »

we had JRs - you have to be a certain type of person to own a terrier  ;D  ::)

let us know how you get on with the GP, take a list?

Shaon1978

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »

I know what you mean they are funny little things ha ha