Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: accentuating the positive  (Read 43956 times)

Taz2

Re: accentuating the positive
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2015, 11:07:20 PM »

:thankyou:

TropicalVon69

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2015, 09:30:13 AM »

It's so good to read all of your positive stories ladies....it definitely helps both reading them and thinking of positives......going out today, just not sure where ATM lol with my daughter.....I am upbeat and hopeful :-) ...have a fantastic day all :-) xxx

Galadriel

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2015, 10:02:19 AM »

I'm struggling a bit today but here goes... I lost one of the four holiday pounds this week and it's Friday so I can have some wine tonight.

Galadriel x

babyjane

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2015, 10:10:13 AM »

my positive thought for today -

I was thinking last night in bed, my symptoms have abated considerably since 5 years ago.  In fact I feel a lot better than I did 12 months ago  :)

The symptoms I do still get are milder too and I believe the menopause does run its course and eventually levels out with or without help, whichever way you choose  :yipi:.

Winterose

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2015, 11:47:53 AM »

This is  a lovely thread, makes me happy just to read it, I personally am very positive but still have days when I get tangled up in myself  and know it really helps to think through  all the great ( very normal )  things about my life and take lots of exercise as that really helps, I like to smile at people I dont know hopefully not in a mad sort of way and when they smile back that feels good, x

SadLynda

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2015, 12:16:29 PM »

great news BJ :)

HB, oh yes 'the halti' I have lead trained many a dog with the use of a halti, now then... devil dog came to us and we discovered he had never had a lead on, he is a very big and very powerful dog he pulled DH on the floor many times.  I got a halti, devil dog threw himself at the floor and refused to move.  I have photo's of the week I tried and of devil dog on the floor in the driveway while I sat on the wall.  The halti did not work. Also tried the gentle leader and all other variations.  Not forgetting the 3 trainers.
Didnt take Devil dog out today.

I'm fine today - honest 8)

honeybun

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2015, 12:49:10 PM »

Oh dear, poor thing has really had a hard time. My Retreiver was as soft as soft and I could really do anything with her that I wanted. However I did have an Irish Setter that had a bad streak a mile wide. I paid to send her to a training school for a week and it did help a bit. Hubby was the only one who could control her.

My positive for today....umm. Back is a bit better and son is coming to visit tomorrow....I think.
Oh and I'm home after a morning at mothers...that's always positive  ::)

Honeybun
X

Sarai

« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2015, 01:36:03 PM »

I'm struggling today, night sweats are back, had my first panic in the night for months and am so down, and its raining. Whats positive? I honestly don't know :(

babyjane

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2015, 01:37:32 PM »

he didn't understand what you were trying to do to him did he Lynda?  Poor dog, how to overcome all his issues will take all your expertise but you will find a way in eventually.  You will win his trust. 

I know a family who took in a very damaged dog, damaged from a few weeks old.  It took 5 years for him to learn what love is and to start to trust.  He died 2 years later from issues related to his very poor start but he knew love and play and what grass is for those final 2 years.

babyjane

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2015, 01:38:44 PM »

I'm struggling today, night sweats are back, had my first panic in the night for months and am so down, and its raining. Whats positive? I honestly don't know :(

If your night sweats are back sarai then they must have gone away once and will go away again.  Try to believe that if you can, if only for a little while x

Sarai

« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2015, 01:45:30 PM »

To be honest i went to bed feeling good, my tinnitus was quieter, thought that was a good sign and woke up scared stiff with it screaming at me. hence the panic.
Cant decide if hormones causing the sweat made it spike.

SadLynda

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2015, 02:28:23 PM »

BJ - 5 years!!! omg, that gives me another 3 yet, looking back I really do not think he did know.  Before him we adopted a similar dog at 18 months old, he had a bad start and was rather difficult too.  Took him about 2 years to settle and we loved him so much, we lost him days before his 5th birthday to bone cancer :'(

Sarai - not sure if I should say this or not here, but I tried 'sage capsules' last week, not had a night sweat since, might be co-incidence and they may return, but might be worth trying till you get any other remedy sorted out.  I do drink sage tea at bed time too.

LW44

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2015, 03:09:20 PM »

Big positive today :-) went to finalize wedding arrangements - scaled it down to what i really want instead of the big "do".. then went for pub lunch. - no anxiety and actually quite enjoyed it. -  now if this background fear would just bugger off... would be a perfect day ! :-)

Sarai

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2015, 03:32:19 PM »

Sadlynda, thanks for that , I will look into sage. see if its ok with blood thinners.

babyjane

« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2015, 03:47:34 PM »

SadLynda we can say what we like here if it is positive  ;)

Your boy might not take that long but he will learn what love is and stop fighting you, I do believe that.  You have so much experience with them, just be patient and consistent and he will learn x
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15