Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: accentuating the positive  (Read 43950 times)

Cthrnstowe

Re: accentuating the positive
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2015, 12:08:59 PM »

That was supposed to say taller lol x

Briony

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2015, 12:14:21 PM »

This just made me feel positive: “A woman in the autumn of her years deserves an Indian Summer rather than a
winter of discontent…” Robert Greenblatt, Medical College of Georgia, USA

SadLynda

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2015, 01:29:09 PM »

Great positives here - I also say 'I'm fine' lost too many so-called friends to say anything else, as few are interested and if they are would then make me cry too.

BJ - he is a rescue dog, we have had him just over 2 years, been to 3 lots of training and nobody can help.  I did 6 years in Labrador rescue, and have had rescue dogs for over 25 years and never had/or met a dog like him - he is just totally 'screwed up' we just do what we can.  Hubs can take him for off lead runs on the beach, as he can cope with the fall out from people, I cant.  So its not that he doesnt get out, just not with me.  I spent months doing training with him each morning and playing ball round the back before the warehouse opens, so he  does get exercise, also has arthritis so cant do too much.  He is only 3, so still time to grow a brain we hope.

Afternoon positive, survived shopping and kept cool at parents house, despite best efforts from them :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2015, 02:46:33 PM »

Oh Babyjane that reminded me  ::) - someone  I knew vaguely walked by me in the street and asked "Are you well today" and I replied "It's pouring and cold isn't it" …….. I watched her walk away and she never battered an eye-lid  ::)

Today I've been out with DH - anxiety background on the journey there and back, in-between OK even managed a light lunch  :-*

LW44

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2015, 03:03:29 PM »

sounds good clkd :-)  im managed to snooze in garden.. so cant be that anxious..although same - background x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2015, 03:06:55 PM »

Today I am marvellously cheery, relaxed and optimistic....good positive vibes ladies XXX

babyjane

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2015, 03:18:14 PM »

SadLynda, poor boy and only 3.  Do you know his history or not, could he have some abuse damage?  I dread to think what he endured to make him like that.  Bless you for giving these dogs a forever home and love. 

Unhinged

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2015, 04:26:01 PM »

Some great positive comments on this thread already!

I've returned home after a great day; lunch in a pub with my sister and a visit to an antiques centre, so I'm come home exhausted but in a good way.

Also picked up my new HRT patches, so will try putting one of those on as soon as I've done my ironing - back to work tomorrow  so ironing for the week to be done (yuk, I know this is a positive thread but I just can't get enthusiastic about ironing - I'd rather dig a trench ha ha!).

Hope everyone is having a good day! x

babyjane

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2015, 04:31:46 PM »

yes thank you I am having a lovely day, really, honestly, yes I am, I am, I AM  :great:

Unhinged

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2015, 04:49:50 PM »

Great stuff babyjane, it don't matter if you're faking it or forcing it, you're still saying it! x

babyjane

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2015, 05:35:16 PM »

it don't matter if you're faking it

ooooo-errrrrr  :oops:

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2015, 05:58:30 PM »

I could never fake 'it' - is that a positive  ;D

Babsm67

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2015, 09:35:22 PM »

Hi Ladies,   this thread has been recommended to me today as I was feeling pretty low - I am going to try & give a a whirl!  I am due to have CBT sometime soon which is meant to challenge negstive thoughts so lets try & get a head start!   :) x

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2015, 09:54:07 PM »

Well done on taking on a rescue dog.  If he don't get on with other dogs then try a muzzle? that way no one gets nipped.  Also if he is muzzled he may be less reactive.  Do you have friends with dogs who are non confrontational?

As long as you are aware of his traits and can give him some off lead exercise; as long as he returns, otherwise how about a pony lunging rein?  That's what I used with dogs that wouldn't come back, one because of deafness.  They had good 'free' runnig but under control  ;)

Positive this evening: bathed and freshly smelling

TropicalVon69

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2015, 07:02:44 AM »

I am feeling calmer this morning, taking my youngest daughter to the beach and fair at Burnt island :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15