Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Does using Utrohestan vaginally cause cervical problrms  (Read 3788 times)

evey

Does using Utrohestan vaginally cause cervical problrms
« on: August 08, 2015, 11:25:25 PM »

Just wondered if using the above as I use Utrogestan vaginally can cause sore spots on the cervix.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does using Utrohestan vaginally cause cervical problrms
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:33:44 PM »

I suppose any product can cause irritation ……. how often do you use it?

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 01:03:34 PM »

It made me generally very sore and made my bladder ache. Did not get on with it at all and was glad to return to my patches.

Honeyb
X

evey

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 03:18:14 PM »

Hi CLKD
After changing regimes for last couple years trying to get one to suit, I think everyone knows the scenario when using Estrogel and Utrogestan!  Believe me have I tried a lot with these two! I now use Estrogel 1 and a little extra squirt in the morning (prev I used x2 pumps per day) and I am now trying the Utrogestan at 200mg (which is two 100 mg capsules)  for x 7 days vaginally, starting from the 1st of the month, but every 8 weeks; last time I tolerated the Utrogestan, was tired and yes bladder funny, I do have small bladder prolapse anyway but I do the Kegal exercises x3 a day at this point and it helps a lot, I did have a good bleed after 3 days and have just done this system again starting begin August, I have had slight tiredness this time and have just finished the 7 days, if my mood dips when the bleed comes I will use bit extra gel. This system really seems to work for me, but I have said before same thing!!!! Fingers crossed it carries on like this!!   I had to have a check up that's where they picked up the sore little point on my cervix, I had a smear few months ago and it was clear;   Anyway Dr said I will get app for colposcopy within 2 weeks!   I told Dr my regime and that I was using utro vaginally and she said carry on! Hopefully won't be anything too horrible, though I'm not looking forward to the colposcopy! Thanks for replying to me, much appreciated x

Honeybun, yes agreed here, same, I'm going to talk to the Gynae at the Colposcopy appoint and see what they say if it's possible the utro has made the cervix sore little point;   Which patch do you use? X

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 04:27:17 PM »

Hi evey

I haven't heard that progesterone can cause any damage to the cervix - this would be reported as a side effect if so. Many women find that using progesterone vaginally can cause a bit of bladder irritation but not cause sore spots on cervix. I doubt the progesterone has anything to do with it.

Maybe it's an ectropion (I have one of these) - but it's not actually sore at all.

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 06:57:34 PM »

I'm using Evorel Conti, I have tried a few others but always came back to these.
Not perfect but what is.

I was generally sore using Utrogestan, both cervix and bladder. I did not have it investigated but the irritation and pain went when I stopped using it.

Honeyb
X

evey

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 07:48:48 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, thats a thought, well just waiting for the appointment to check it out, she said within 2 weeks so we see, I've just had a bleed on this regime so at least I won't be having a bleed so will be clear to have the colposcopy x

Hi Honeybun,
Yes, I'm going to see what they say after the colposcopy; like you say nothing is perfect, coming to realise that, I 'seem' to finally have found after couple years system I can cope with, ie the estrogel/utro doseage,  can't cope with oral utro but like with you suffering with the bladder issues😬😬. I will message back after the colposcopy x