Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Do you like your look.  (Read 20528 times)

SadLynda

Re: Do you like your look.
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »

Awww BJ - I know that feeling :hug:

I have checky shirts too, that was what I wore 'before' my purge on gypsy tops etc.  I had 'best' bra's too, never got worn and I seem to change sizes that often they never did.  So I wear all my nice bra's too.  In winter I wear perfume every day too, not in summer due to insect allergy so my 'scent of choice' is Avon SSS to deter the biting types.  Never really keen on so much make up, so wear tinted moisturiser.

Suzi Q

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2015, 01:24:53 PM »

I've decided I don't.

I was in town this afternoon. I felt reasonably ok before but found myself looking around and ended up feeling a right mess.
I think the thing was there were a few trips in town today.....older ladies, and a few hen parties and a few in between. Not sure where I fitted in and it wasn't a good feeling.

How do you feel about the way you look and if not what would you change.

I'm considering what to change.....the list is long  ::)

Honeyb
X

Well HUN
me I am happy NOW with the way I look I cut my hair like Mia Farrow circa 1966 or Twiggy 1966
Left it a wee bit longer though dyed it Burgandy. Threw all the long tops out IM size 12/13
14 on a bad day and yet I was covering myself up. Bought shorter tops and I looked thinner bought
Loads of pairs of Jeans 3 GOOD going out at night pairs rest day to day decent ones Bought loads of scraves a Leather Jkt I shopped in ZARA HM@boutiques Id not gone in thought I was too old 50% of women were over 50 and at least 50% of the clothes were fashion 25yr olds would wear and yet they still looked Great on 60 yr olds  and didnt make me look like Mutton dressed as Lamb
as long as we are careful most Boutiqes r fine We have the money theres no reason being careful we cant wear most clothes  the under 30s wear
Got loads of Merrill shoes off Ebay ditched the c...y undies bought sexy knickers and bras
Got make up out perfume and now in the morning wash my hair blow dry it put eye liner coloured pencil
Put Mascara on and perfume wear my good clothes not keep them for best sod it how long do we have?
KNow what I like the way I look OK so ive a few lines and I dont look like the me I looked even 5yrs ago
BUT when I look at some of the ahhhh out there I recon I dont half scrub up OK
OH and my PALS size 18 and she lookes better than me so size doesnt matter

Bluebell59

« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2015, 01:38:04 PM »

I don't have any but I love the 1920 fashion

peripenguin

« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2015, 08:37:32 AM »

No, I'm fat and frumpy and just wear the cheapest stuff I can find. Usually in charity shops.

SadLynda

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2015, 10:46:06 AM »

I bought a great purple and flower shirt in a charity shop last week.  Love it, found it had a button missing that is why it was there, didnt have one to match but had one 'close enough'.

PP - there are often lots of great bright clothes in charity shop and on ebay, make me feel better.  I have a friend who is about a size 22 I think, and she looks amazing in her gear, she wears big floaty tops and leggings and always looks great, she used all 'lush' products too so always smells amazing too.

peripenguin

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2015, 11:13:25 AM »

That's good. Our local charity shops are all beige, beige and more beige.

SadLynda

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »

oh dear.  Beige is not good.  Off to ebay you go then, I picked up the most gorgeous top on there, all bright colours and sequins, got that one for £2 plus post.

honeybun

« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »

I love eBay and you can pick up some great stuff for a song.
Our charity shops are really good but you need to look really hard and sometimes there is something really nice.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2015, 04:23:04 PM »

We hoard.  Feelings, belongings opinions + the best of ourselves.  We “save it” for a better day. For an event that's more important so it won't “wasted.”

Yet, sometimes “later” becomes “never.” And never can suffocate.

The “good” china, dress or jewelry is left behind to dull + collect dust. Unused, unworn + subsequently unloved.

We squirrel away our opinions (+ hearts) for a more appropriate audience, until we know more, or the perfect moment. We fear if we spend what we have now we'll use it up and be left empty handed.

We're wrong.

Sometimes opportunities and people go away and never come back. Don't miss out.

Choose instead to inhabit the fullness of every moment. Each second of your life comes filled to the brim with possibility.

Trust that there will be more where that came from, dear one. Use your best stuff now. In fact, give it away.

Don't think about what you'll get in return. Don't think about running out. Just give it away.

It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich. – Sarah Bernhardt

":: Throw away the sweatpants you've had since college + wear the red silk ones to bed instead.

":: Take the high-brow, expensive perfume out of it's box + get spritzing.

":: Speak up at the Monday morning meeting. Ask the question, offer the solution, begin the discussion, start the revolution.

":: Give your best advice away for free. (Writers, bloggers, musicians, artists– that means you.)

":: You are THE expert. Today, act like it.

":: Wear red lipstick.

":: Be the first to say I love you.

":: Be the first to give an apology.

":: Laugh more.

":: Wear your ‘real' jewelry everyday. (Even if you're a full time mommy.)

":: Open the savings account + commit to putting away $25 a week. It adds up. You'll see.

":: Start the blog. Begin anywhere: a feeling, a color, a word, a picture, a quote.

":: Heal the past, forgive the offender + liberate your heart. Not when you have more time to think about it–now.

"It begins with the decision to be here with us now. After all, later may never come ……… "

peripenguin

« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2015, 04:32:48 PM »

That's fine if you have something to offer, or money to spend though what if you don't have either?

CLKD

« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2015, 05:00:16 PM »

I think it means more of living in the 'now' and don't keep stuff for 'best'  ;)

I was searching for another 'poem' which is a bit clearer.

Dulciana

« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2015, 05:00:37 PM »

We were on holiday up north last month.  One afternoon we were browsing round the shops there, some of which were very nice.  We went in to a few of them and then we went into a branch of a chain that we have a couple of in our own neck of the woods.   I went to look at the coats and jackets, not that I was particularly hunting for any of these.  But I saw a jacket that I just had to try on and then I saw another that I also had to try on.  Everything about both jackets was right, so Hubby persuaded me (and not the other way round, would you believe!) to get them both.   And I'm glad I did because they're already both getting plenty of wear, so they really were value for money (and came out at under £100)    :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:02:20 PM by Dulciana »

CLKD

« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2015, 05:01:22 PM »

I love finds like those!  Last week it was 2 pairs of shoes, half price ……..

honeybun

« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2015, 07:22:24 PM »

Sometimes things just feel right and if you can get plenty of wear out of them.
In late spring this year House of Frazer were having a spectacular sale.....now they are hugely expensive....but I picked up a winter coat...reduced from £180 to £45 .

I haven't worn it yet, but it's there and waiting for this winter and I love it.

I like smart shopping....oh and a great bargain.

Honeybun
X
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:47:01 PM by honeybun »

peripenguin

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2015, 07:24:09 PM »

£45 is about what I spend in a year on clothes!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9