Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The chocolate squirrel!  (Read 7116 times)

Dulciana

The chocolate squirrel!
« on: July 30, 2015, 08:36:08 PM »

I was chatting with our daughter on the phone just now, when Hubby walked past me, into the kitchen and out again, eating chocolate.  I told our daughter and she asked me if I knew about her Dad's secret chocolate stash.  No I didn't, was my answer.  Apparently, while I was away in London a little while ago, he bought lots of bars of Milka chocolate and stashed them away on top of the fridge.  Now, I'm 5'2" and he's 6', so while he can easily reach for them, they're far too high up for me even to see.  I was totally ignorant of their existence, until now!   But it certainly explains why new chocolate seems to keep appearing, even after neither of us have been shopping!   I honestly don't think he wanted me to know about his secret stash.   How does he ever think he's going to reduce his girth, if he keeps this up??   ???    Men, I ask you!  Anyone else's?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 08:42:14 PM by Dulciana »

honeybun

Re: The chocolate squirrel!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 08:41:58 PM »

:rofl:

Crafty thing. I would get up on a stool when he was out and move his stash and then watch the fun as he tries to figure it out.

Go on .....I dare you  ;D

Honeyb
X

Dulciana

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 08:44:19 PM »

Mmm.........tempting, HB!!    ::)      In fact, this isn't the first time he's done this.   Ages ago, when he first started the job he used to have, the bottom drawer of his desk was crammed full of chocolate.  There was a shop nearby that sold good-quality chocolate at reduced prices and I think Hubby must have been their no. 1 customer!   Oh dear - does anyone else's other half have any endearing little foibles like this? 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 08:49:53 PM by Dulciana »

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 08:45:08 PM »

I wouldn't be able to resist  ::)

Honeyb
X

Dulciana

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 08:52:53 PM »

Goodness, so he's not alone!   ;D    I'm very tempted to start calling Hubby "Nutkin", as in Squirrel! 

Dulciana

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 09:02:36 PM »

;D

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 09:19:26 PM »

Well I once had a secret stash. Now everyone steals from it.  ;D I allow myself a small amount of chocolate per day. Hubby used to have his own, but he gobbled it so fast he'd raid the cupboards, hence finding mine.

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 09:50:37 PM »

I've got a secret stash and I'm not telling anyone where it is! OH has one too. I only know because he snacks on it once I've gone to bed - his after-midnight feast - and then hides the wrappers under the magazines on the coffee table shelf. He thinks I don't know..

Taz x

getting_old

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 10:35:47 PM »

We have a chocolate stash and we both know about it, just don't always know when it's been raided  :-X

Ju Ju

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 10:10:33 AM »

DH has a not so secret stash of shortbread biscuits. And he's wondering why he has a slight tummy bulge for the first time in his life! Never had to be careful before, lucky man! We take great pleasure in teasing him. I do reassure him that all is well as long as he can see his feet and other bits.  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 12:37:34 PM »

My daughter teases hubby about his little Bhudda belly.

Think it comes to us all  ;D

Honeyb
X

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 12:59:09 PM »

My tummy has not actually got any bigger it's just doing a shape shift  ;D

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 03:02:36 PM »

On Tuesday evening I tried to explain to Himself that I wasn't fatter but that lack of oestrogen had caused my stomach muscles to sag ……. he didn't look convinced ……. however, alcohol is his weakness and he has a Beer Belly  >:( ………

No stashes here as we shop together  ;D

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »

our treats don't last long enough to stash them  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 03:05:40 PM »

;D
Pages: [1] 2