Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feelings of Depersonalistion?  (Read 2724 times)

Valkyrie

Feelings of Depersonalistion?
« on: July 26, 2015, 01:34:09 PM »

Hi all,

I don't know if any of you have had occasional feelings of depersonalisation since you started the menopause. I get a second or two of not feeling real, or in the real world. The worst one, when I had a mild kidney infection that I was unaware of, I was standing at the cooker and felt I was somebody else completely! Even from a different universe!  :o

The feelings are fascinating but also unnerving. I don't have any diagnosed mental problems and I'm OK in-between times. I'm dyspraxic so my physical and mental sensitivity levels are pretty high and that can cause anxiety and fatigue.

I'd really like to hear your experiences, even if they're not exactly like mine.

Love Alexxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feelings of Depersonalistion?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »

Yep.  Married nearly 40 years and I still have feelings of un-reality that we are still together  ;D.

When I went to France on 3 occasions, I had the whole 'this isn't happening to me is it?' the whole time  ::) because in the 1970s/80s people usually had holidays in the UK. Also, Mum had done everything for me so to be going to France with DH was such a huge event for me.

If I go somewhere without anxiety I feel unreal ……. hard to explain these feelings ain't it! 

I sit in our camper and think 'this is a real dream for me' ………..

TropicalVon69

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »

Hi Alex, yes I often feel not myself and just plain weird and odd....was worse last year but still have it to a lesser ex tent.....especially before during and after a period....hope this helps xxx

Valkyrie

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »

Thanks ladies. I've been meno'd for nearly 10 years and I just hope that this is its swansong. I've always been a bit weird on the senses front so, if this doesn't go, I shall have to embrace it as the new weirder me!

XXX