Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: oestrogen 1mg  (Read 3065 times)

LW44

oestrogen 1mg
« on: July 26, 2015, 01:11:02 PM »

hi quick question can oestrogen alone cause anxiety ? taking the 1mg from elleste duet.. had to stop taking the norethistrone a few days ago as intolerable side effects..increased anx.. racing heart - low mood.. just didnt suit me personally.. now taking just the oestrogen as suggested by comsultant.. till i see him tuesday .. but still feel anxious  thank you

Hurdity

Re: oestrogen 1mg
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 01:31:35 PM »

Very unlikely LW44 - oestrogen is the hormone that makes us feel alive, energised, well and good, in physiological doses. However replacing it with tablet HRT may well cause side effects due to metabolic by products ( ie from it being broken down through liver etc)

If you are still feeling anxious and you are peri it could be to do with hormonal fluctuations and especially from low oestrogen, or the norethisterone has not cleared your system yet. Also it can take more than a few days for the body to acclimatise to different hormone levels - there are some almost immediate effects but also longer term ones.

I would go for transdermal oestrogen if possible - after discussion with your consultant - but Evorel contains norethisterone so that's out of the question. Of the combi patches there is Femseven, or you could try separate oestrogen (patch of gel) and progesterone (utrogestan) or a synthetic one eg Provera if you could tolerate it.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 01:33:47 PM »

I am anxious today, more than usual.  Decided it's because I bought eccles cakes yesterday, full of sugars  :o so my body is burning up energy faster …….. back to those sweet-less energy bars  ::)

Pottering about the house helps me doing chores that don't often get tackled  ;)

LW44

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 02:10:14 PM »

hi hurdity :-)

your right.. prob hormone flucs as peri and norethisterone still leaving my system.. i was at a music festival yesterday !  and woke up ok.. just woke up with anx flashes this morning and its carried on from there... awful black fear.. plus i presume i will bleed soon?

just sorted the ironing clkd.. ive eaten well so far.. boiled egg and toast for breaky and just had banana.. makes u think though.. because at festival. ate burger..ice cream.. take away curry yesterday.. is it the physical symptoms you get when not eaten great ?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 02:11:57 PM »

Yep.   So back to proper diet 2-morrow.  Home made curry this evening.  With boiled rice.  And no more bought cakes even though they are home made  ::)

LW44

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 02:32:04 PM »

sounds nice ! were on sunday dinner.  ive not had my daily cappucino for  weeks... really miss it :-/

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 02:34:08 PM »

Oh coffee makes me feel really ill.  I fancy a capucinno sometimes when 'out' but it makes me feel really queer  ::)

LW44

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 03:01:43 PM »

ive always been fine with it. .. just thought i should avoid... only have one a day usually when i get into work.. maybe i would be ok ?

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 04:18:45 PM »

I am terribly sensitive to what I eat, it makes a great difference to the way I feel and function.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 05:52:02 PM »

Cut it out and see how you feel?

LW44

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 07:38:48 PM »

cut out the oestrogen ? think im due a period..pains and very emotional !  which should be right..due now anyway plus stopped the nirethisterone 5 days ago

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 07:39:23 PM »

Cut out the coffee  ::) keep on with the oestrogen.

LW44

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 07:42:27 PM »

ahh right lol.. ive not coffee for about 6 weeks... missing it, just my one cappucinno in the morning