Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anxiety, feeling rubbish  (Read 1934 times)

Spangles

Anxiety, feeling rubbish
« on: July 19, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »

Hi Ladies
I've had a very stressful and busy weekend, starting with my son's graduation. He is very laid back never ready on time etc, my OH gets very irate when this happens, he rants and raves, I get caught up in the middle. As I result my anxiety kicked in on Friday, I made it through the day with the help of 2mg diazepam much to my disgust. I'm still feeling rubbish OH in foul mood and just says he's ok so I just let him get on with it. Son is fine and I'm the one left feeling rubbish, I can't see an end to this and its getting me down. People just say don't let it get to you but that's easier said than done with hormones in the mix! Sorry for ranting.
Shellb
xXx

Joyce

Re: Anxiety, feeling rubbish
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »

It's horrid when you feel like that. Been there. My hubby is the one who takes his time over everything, does my head in. But I've had some stressful moments in the past couple of years with daughter's family  & I've been left feeling rubbish. Nausea, can't eat when it's that bad.

Gill Mojo

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »

I haven't got an answer for you, but I do have a suggestion. Take a time out, time just for yourself. Take a bath, read a book, listen to some music, go for a walk, do something you really enjoy doing. Take a few slow deep breaths and let it all go, at least for the time of your time-out ;) No, it won't all magically disappear, but you will hopefully feel a bit better for it and more able to cope ;)

I hope you feel more in control quickly :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 07:02:38 PM »

Well Done DS! he's done the Course, got his Degree and graduated.  Now he is a Big Boy so leave him be.  Where will he be living in future, does he have a job?

Let him get on with it!  If he's late, he's late.  His problem, don't make it yours.  If your husband gets irritable then walk away.  He's also a Big Boy  ;)

Go and have that bath  8)

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 06:11:21 AM »

Thank you Ladies!
Unfortunately when anxiety kicks in it lasts for a few days but I know you all know that. Son is living here, OH finding it difficult to adjust and no job yet! Well he starts a four week thing today but nothing after.
Love
Shellb
xXx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 09:07:41 AM »

You have my sympathy. I've been doing really well on HRT these last 5 weeks (I take it for peri menopausal anxiety and depression), no anxiety and just feeling really good again.

But had a really, really busy weekend ferrying my children around to various sports groups and parties and my DH wasn't here to help as he's working away. Then I had to go on my own to 2 separate social events and mix with people I didn't know well. I enjoyed both of them and was fine, but by last night I was feeling very shaky and the anxiety was back. I think I had just asked too much of myself. I realise I am a lot less emotionally robust than I used to be  ::)

I agree with everyone else who says you need to try and walk away when you feel the anxiety nibbling at your heels. I have also learned to say to my DH 'Look I'm feeling a bit frail today so be gentle with me' and he is very good at responding to that. Could you perhaps say the same to your DP?