Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding after 9 months  (Read 4875 times)

Sazzy

Bleeding after 9 months
« on: July 15, 2015, 09:20:55 PM »

Hi All
I have just started a period albeit light after about 9 months of nothing. I thought that it was all finished! Is this common?  I've had many other symptoms although my hot flushes have decreased recently, they were getting out of hand.   I wonder if this will be a one off or the periods will start up again. 
Any advice would be helpful.  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding after 9 months
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 09:52:21 PM »

Yep.  Common.  Hormones dip and rise sometimes for a few years before periods stop.  Mine were intermittent for 2/3 years then they went.

Sazzy

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 06:29:54 AM »

After some research it seems that the hot flushes subsiding is related to my period returning too. I guess this means they will return with a vengeance.  😳

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 06:54:50 AM »

Yes it is normal Sazzy. Flushes often stop when a period is on the way leading to lots of us on here to rub our hands in glee thinking that it is all over only to find a return of the periods! I went ten months, twice, without a period before having to start counting again. Hopefully this will be your last one.

Taz x  :)

PMB63

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 07:53:05 AM »

Hi Sazzy. 
That is exactly what's been happening to me too  :(
9 months without a period, NO hot flushes for 2/3 weeks prior to period and then out of the Blue a period which lasted exactly one week. This was 2 weeks ago - Hot flushes are back with a vengeance now  :sigh: :sigh: and the dreaded mood swings too  :ange: :diablo: 
I'm 52 by the way and like you was "secretly" hoping that things were settling down.
P XX

Machair

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 09:27:14 AM »

Yes this has happened to me too and it followed a cessation of night sweats. It is disturbing to say the least when you think you are going to make the year- I almost made it once - 11 months- but am now 7 months again but think I will have another period as my night sweats are absent. I think long gaps are typical of the final stages so hopefully you are on the way.

Carolyn

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 06:34:15 PM »

Evening Ladies1

Just exactly the same with me, hot flushes go yippee, I think I sussed them by taking sage & thought this meno thingy is a doddle!!!! 

I clearly was living on a different planet because after many months of not having a period here we go again.

I'm grumpy, I feel weepy again, I'm stroppy with everyone around me & to top it all off I haven't lost a pound in weight after weeks of training hard & watching what I eat - if you are looking down on me 'its my turn now to have a break from all of this please'

Have a good evening x

Hugs
 :bighug:

Machair

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »

10 months twice Taz- you have given me hope that I am normal! I think this is going to happen to me as I have had no period since December but no night sweats either.

I keep having signs of high oestrogen but no period so far - I would have thought the last year would be free from signs of impending periods, rather than what I am having- nipple tenderness and stretchy vaginal mucus intermittently. What was the last year like for anyone who is post and not on HRT and is anyone 55 like me and still peri as I feel I am getting too old for all this?

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 06:36:46 PM »

Hello Sazzy.

Your experience seems totally normal to me, certainly within the range of normal that is the menopause! Keep calm and keep going seems to be the thing to do!

Hugs - If your man ( or woman ) up there is listening can you tell them I'd quite like a break as well please! ( MM ladies form an orderly queue ).

Take care everyone.

K.

Machair

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 08:35:31 PM »

Well Sparkle we could be twins because I too feel bloated, have that stretchy mucus most days and feel like I am about to start a period any time! Have you skipped any periods yet?

Machair

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 09:00:30 PM »

Yes Sparkle I have. I skipped 11 months to May last year, thought it was all over then they came back monthly until December. Nothing since then except for stretchy mucus a lot of the time and other signs of high oestrogen. Right now I am sure one is going to start any day.   I was regular until 53 so I think I still have a while to go.
I think I am late finishing as my great gran had a baby at 49 so maybe it runs in the family. My cycle pre peri was 35 days so maybe that is why and I had 5 pregnancies too.