Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal bleeding on Tibolone (Livial)  (Read 3824 times)

pease

Post menopausal bleeding on Tibolone (Livial)
« on: July 14, 2015, 12:46:47 PM »

I have been on Tibolone (Livial) for a number of years. 2 years ago I had some spotting and had a scan which was clear. Now I have had another one off "show" and my GP is sending me for another scan. Has anyone else experienced breakthrough bleeding with Tibolone?
Also, even if the scan is clear (hopefully) I have decided it is time to come off HRT altogether. Any advice?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post menopausal bleeding on Tibolone (Livial)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 01:04:53 PM »

Depends on how much benefit you feel you have had from Tibolone )I always read that as Tobelerone  ::) (.  Sometimes ladies wean off HRT to see whether symptoms have gone, are more bearable or if they require more treatment.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:56:06 PM »

Hi pease

I think women do tend to get spotting from time to time with conti type HRT and especially tablet HRT as the absorption can sometimes vary according to our digestion. I know Tibolone is not like other HRT so can't comment really on the spotting though, but as well to be scanned always, just to c heck everything is OK.

It depends on how old you are and how long you've been on it really and how well it is making you feel compared to how you were before. Maybe consider changing to a more conventional type HRT eg a patch, or one where you could increase the progestogen if you got unexpected bleeding at any time?? You might find it a shock if you come off it!

After the age of 60 patches are generally thought to be associated with less risk (of various adverse health conditions) than tablet HRT.

Hurdity x

pease

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 03:31:45 PM »

I  64 and have been on HRT for about 16 years, with one (awful) 12 month break after which I went onto Tibolone (Livial). I feel great - and that's the trouble! For even if they find nothing sinister, I feel I am now pushing my luck somewhat.
Thanks for the tip about absorption, that explains a lot I think.
But I'd still like to hear from others who have experienced bleeding on Tibolone.