Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Anxiety and ovarian cancer worries 😟😟😟😟😟  (Read 25262 times)

Ljp

Anxiety and ovarian cancer worries 😟😟😟😟😟
« on: July 05, 2015, 04:50:09 PM »

Hi
I'm 50 and had no periods since last August, so think I'm now menopausal, I've had intermittent right sided discomfort, since Christmas, started after sitting around doing very little over Christmas period  sometimes months between, sometimes it's a burning ache in my back , sometimes it's a dull ache in my side, liver region, and now today it's in my buttock like sciatica. I went to Dr thursday I had a blood test and she has referred me for an ultra sound, best to get it checked out she said. It's not every day, and seems to be no real pattern to it

I'm terrified it's ovarian cancer! Although I had the sciatic pain several years ago, and saw my osteopath for it, and over time with stretches etc it went away, I am very fit, I teach 5 hours of dancing a week and 4 Zumba classes, so I try and tell myself it's related to that, but why only ever right side?

I have had urinary frequency for years, and that has become worse since menopause, but have estriol cream to help and it really has improved, I also have IBS (no tests, just Dr suggested by symptoms)which have had for years, but that has played up more since hormones have been all over the place! It's so worrying not knowing what causes what symptoms!

I think if I had sciatic pain years ago, and urunary frequency, and IBS etc wouldn't I be much much worse by now if it is ovarian cancer? I mean how long would it take for it to grow?
I dont get much bloating, certainly not all the time, my stomach is pretty flat, except if I over eat ( have good appetite) although on occasions I will bloat, and tummy will be gurgle and be comfortable when anxiety is bad, as IBS seems related to my anxiety too

Since I lost my mum to cancer 7 years ago, and with peri menopause, I find myself anxious a lot of the time, and question if the pains and discomforts are being caused by my anxiety, I am really struggling wit things at the moment, I feel paranoid like people are talking about me, and anxious before and during my dance classes as I have forgotten steps before and feel really stupid, this is now becoming another anxiety issue every Sunday before my classes on Monday.

I'm terrified of calling for my blood test results tomorrow as if ct25 levels are high, I will be in a state of craziness worrying I have ovarian cancer, and waiting for the scan is already sending my anxiety sky high, I can see myself being horrible to live with, so shut myself away from the family, as I need someone to tell me I'm ok, and they can't, and no one can until the scabs confirm it one way or the other … feel like I'm going out of my mind

Sorry if this I garbled, but had to get it out of my head 😟
Just worrying myself into a breakdown over this 😟😟😟

Ljp

Re: Anxiety and ovarian cancer worries 😟😟😟😟😟
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »

Thank you sparkle, I have to wait for scan appointment, GP suggested it will be about a month.
My mum had non Hodgkin's lymphoma, which isn't genetic, but I panic with every symptom I have, thinking its cancer!

Sorry to hear you have fibroids and ovarian cysts, are your pains in the uterus region?  Mine are all above my pelvis ( except the hip/buttock/sciatic one when its there) it makes me feel I need to massage it or stretch it out, Hoping it's just muscle issues from exercise

I know what you mean re the more you focus on it the worse it is, I try so hard to be positive, but my anxiety will then take over and fill me with dread yet again!

Rebelyell

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 06:32:34 PM »

Totally feel for you on this one as I am also waiting blood test results.  I just have weird feeling in bladder area, think it is anxiety but as I put on another post, it becomes a bit chicken and egg if you suffer from health anxiety like Sparkle and I do.

I am older than you at 55 and haven't had a period since hysterectomy 15 years ago.  I take oestrogen which stops hot flushes but have all sorts of aches and pains, particularly in my right hip area.  And my digestion is crap lately (the double meaning of using the term crap in that context has hit me after use!). Do you think you  just have menopausal aches and pains?  My OH and I have reached the stage where we can't get out of a chair without making a noise!

My G P has also done blood tests 'just in case' she felt my tummy and said it was fine.  The first time I mentioned the problem she said it was anxiety as she could feel no problem with my tummy.  It was only the second time I went that she suggested blood test and perhaps an ultrasound.   

Probably, like me, you know your GP is just being cautious.  As she said, best to get it checked out.  I find sharing on here helps as I feel less alone - my OH is a bit sick of my worries and just says 'you can't do anything till you know, so why worry'.    I have got a couple of health anxiety books from the library and they have useful tips.

I have no answers, just know you are not alone, so share away and rest assured you will get support here.  Xx

Ljp

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 07:24:22 PM »

Thanks Rebelyell, my digestion is also crap (lol) at the moment, but as my anxiety is also bad, that probably accounts for the gurgling, gassy, grumbly feelings today.
I guess my aches and pains could be menopause related, or due to the bashing my body takes every week at my Zumba and Fitsteps classes, but just knowing the tests are looking for possible serious causes us enough to send my anxiety off the chart.
It's not the first time I've got myself in a right state over health worries, I had a sebaceous mole on my face that I picked to the point I convinced myself it was a melanoma, then it cleared up with antibiotic cream and all was fine… I wish I could stop the anxiety and fear, it's ruining my life and stopping me relaxing and enjoying my life, I have a lovely family and feel I'm making their lives miserable too 😟

Ljp

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 07:43:36 PM »

I know that feeling of different day different problem! It would be so nice to just feel happy and normal without all the anxiety and worry, just want to stop feeling like I've got something seriously wrong with me all the time, it's constant pressure 😟 sat here now with gassy pains, worrying it's yet another symptom of ovarian cancer

mandy43

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 07:46:34 PM »

I had the same pain in the left side and would also be in the bottom of my back.  It was this pain that drove me to the docs too... convinced I had ovary or cervical cancer.  I didn't!!  I had absolutely nothing; no fibroids, no cysts. If you read an article called the The Ovary's grand finale, it tells you that at times they are literally screaming (this is the pain) and this can happen in the peri and menopause.  Try not too worry, although that is all I do, but take on board all the lovely ladies comments, they helped me through some dark hours. xx

Ljp

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »

Thank you Mandy, not heard of that before, really hope that's the case with me too x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 08:17:12 PM »

It is the waiting that makes us edgy  >:( …….. your GP has done the blood tests, do you go to the Surgery for the result and when? 

Ljp

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 08:24:40 PM »

Hi CLKD blood test results will in tomorrow, I can call after 2pm. But really worried about it

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 08:26:54 PM »

Of course you are.  But if the worst is the worst there is help there!  Let us know how you get on!  I made a list of what I had to do if the diagnosis was bad and going to take a lot of my energy and time i.e. made a Will, sorted out my bank details, made a list of addresses of people who needed to know - but it didn't come to that  ;): however, it kept my brain busy!

Do you live alone or will there be someone around when you get the result?

Ljp

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 08:31:22 PM »

Oh CLKD I can't even think about the worst, which would be the ct25 levels being high! I will be here on my own when it's time to call Dr, hubby working and daughter on a training course

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 08:33:02 PM »

Maybe ask your Husband to come home for half a day.  Worth it to have him by your side and very important!  Once you have a result you can begin to work on how to deal with it.  It's the waiting  :bighug:

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 08:59:50 PM »

I think that your husband should stay at home, without you even asking him  :-\ - have you discussed your worry with him?

Marf

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 09:06:24 PM »

Hi, like Mandy I had it in the left hand side and landed up in A&e with it, again after much investigation ie ct scan and ultra sound, they found nothing and put it down to menopause!! I really feel for you, it's really not nice, but hopefully nothing horrid xxx

Ljp

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »

Thank you all, CLKD as my understanding goes, the Ca125 blood test is a tumour marker blood test, they are also doing routine blood tests for liver and kidney function etc, my husband finishes work at 3 in any case, yes I discuss my worries with him, but he is probably fed up with me worrying that every thing that concerns me health wise is cancer!

Thank you Marf, when you say you had it in your left side, where exactly? As my right side discomfort isn't in my pelvis or uterus, it between my hip and bottom rib right side, and comes and goes, sometimes a dull ache that feels like it could go into a spasm, sometimes it's a burning pain in my mid back, right side, and sometimes I have like sciatic pain in my buttock, again right side.  Today, no pain in right side, or back, or buttock, but very gassy, IBS playing up, wind cramps, but always bad when I'm anxious! 😢
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:46:01 PM by Lisajp »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4