Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Perfume smelling different  (Read 5949 times)

Judith57

Perfume smelling different
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:25:32 PM »

Do any of you ladies find that your favourite perfume smells different now you are on HRT? Or perhaps even after the menopause.

My partner said today that I no longer have the lovely perfume smell that I used to have so he assumed I was no longer using it, but I am  :'(

We went into the bedroom and I got my usual Chanel perfume out of my handbag - it is a new bottle so I know it hasn't gone 'off'. I sprayed some on my neck and wrists and, sure enough, the smell disappeared almost immediately, it lingered for about 30 seconds and then was completely gone.

I know I have heard of people's perfume smelling differently on them after they have been pregnant but I have never been pregnant but wonder if this is a meno thing?

honeybun

Re: Perfume smelling different
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:44:50 PM »

My perfume doesn't seem to last long either.

Maybe it's me that smells different and not it if you see what I mean.

I know I am very careful about personal hygiene these days....not that I wasn't before  ::)...but more so now as things in general are a bit more whiffy.

Honeybun
X

Judith57

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 08:52:36 PM »

I know they are aren't they. I hate it, I used to smell nice but now I don't, I am going to stop taking HRT to see if my normal body smell comes back.....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 08:59:29 PM »

Is that wide Judith?  Hormones, what we eat/drink can all alter the natural 'personal perfume'.  Other medications may well alter perfumes - I know it is usual for perfume to alter as we age.  I would go into a very good perfumery or look on-line for advice before stopping HRT  ;)

Judith57

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 09:09:48 PM »

I really don't think the HRT agrees with me CLKD, I haven't smelt the same since I started to take it. My GP told me to stop using it and start using local oestrogen. I have been prescribed Gynest Cream. My body is like a stranger to me now!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 09:13:54 PM »

Let us know how you get on!