Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Difficulty sourcing Estradot 50 patches anyone?  (Read 3953 times)

Grumpymum

Difficulty sourcing Estradot 50 patches anyone?
« on: June 26, 2015, 11:53:41 AM »

Has anyone else had difficulty with sourcing estradot 50 patches? I've just been to my local chemist who have been very helpful but they do not have any, and neither do the other two chemists in my town. They have been in touch with their wholesaler who says they will not get any until 1st July. There apparently seems to be a problem with the manufacturer. I have only been getting a month's supply of patches at a time as we are still trying to sort me out!

Anyway it has given me the opportunity to speak to another doctor in the surgery who has agreed to trying me on oestrogel. I have tried other patches and I seem to have an allergy to the adhesive. Unbelievably when I spoke about the size of the patches, and that estradot is slightly better for me as it is the smallest, the GP said their little book they look things up in doesn't refer to the size of the patch.

Here's hoping I have better luck with the gel, both in terms of allergy and symptom control. :)

Joyce

Re: Difficulty sourcing Estradot 50 patches anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 12:34:25 PM »

There have been ongoing problems with Estradot patches since I started using them a few years back, not just the 50 patches. I'm now down to the 25 ones & had to wait a week or so last time for them. It's a real pain when these things happen. I now order well in advance just in case.

Winterose

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 12:43:32 PM »

I struggled to get the 75s so now just have 100 which Chemist doesnt seem to have a problem getting - I just cut it down a bit,

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 08:13:47 PM »

Yes! I tried 2 local pharmacies and neither had it in stock and told me their supplier wasn't showing on-line as having it available to order. I tried a large local Boots and they had to order it in but it only took 2 days. Very annoying. But on the up-side they accidentally gave me 3 packets of patches rather than just the one  :)

jayneaddo

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »

Hi

When I saw Nick Paney the other week he mentioned this and said it was never a manufacturing issue but a wholesaler one. To get chemist to contact manufacturers direct.

Hope that helps
Jayne

Grumpymum

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 06:50:06 PM »

Thanks for your responses. I'm looking forward to trying the oestrogel, but if that doesn't work I will have to hope the supply issues with estradot get better. It certainly is a good idea to keep a good supply at home! x