Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: painful knees and lower back ?  (Read 1915 times)

dazned

painful knees and lower back ?
« on: June 24, 2015, 08:04:42 AM »

Over a couple of years now I've had painful knees and lower back intermnttently,however of late they really are bad ,not when I'm sitting or even when walking its the getting up and getting started ! When I go to get up I have to really think about how I'm going to do it and steel myself to the excrutiating pain that shoots through my knees in particular,I look like someone of 100 for about 10 paces then it passes ! Some days even my ankles are painful. I've just been putting up with it as I'm not sure if the gp can give me anything to help,any ideas what I might ask for to help or anyone else had this ?

honeybun

Re: painful knees and lower back ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 09:03:40 AM »

Hate to say it but it's probably a bit of arthritis. I have it in both knees and also my fingers. I can walk fine on the flat but stairs are a nightmare.
I also have the standing up problems.
My kids call it the monster walk  ::)

I use ibuprofen gel night and morning which helps a bit.

Maybe as your GP though.

The joys of getting older......Not.

Honeyb
x

dazned

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »

Thanks HB  I thought probably arthritis too. My husband said the other night whilst I was getting up God you make that seem like hard work ! To which I snapped back that's because it is ! Not a very helpful comment  >:(

Perhaps I will go and see about some anti-inflammatory tablets,after all I've not been to the Dr for oooh at least 3weeks!  ;D

Hotdeb

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 03:43:19 PM »

I've been suffering since February with back pain but especially the hip . I know how you feel getting up in the morning should be a joy but it's excruciating !!!! I take ibuprofen tablets but also got something called Woodlock oil - recommended by my Chinese acupuncturist !!! Try it and see if it helps .  I've spent a fortune on Physio and osteopath without much success - good luck - also some easy stretching definitely helps

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 04:18:40 PM »

X-rays are probably necessary so that the correct anti-inflammatory medication can be bought!  I sat on the floor earlier and it was my coccyx nipping that made me pause when trying to rise …….

Also have a posture check as that can impact on both lower spine and knees  ;)