Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10  (Read 2539 times)

Tangerinedreams

Femoston 1/10
« on: June 16, 2015, 01:16:21 PM »

Hi all, I just wanted to post a few thoughts today and would be grateful for any feedback.  I managed to persuade my lady doctor to prescribe me Femoston 1/10 as I was having trouble with the progesterone in Prempak C.  When I went to collect it at the adjoining chemist to our Doctors I was told they didn't have it in stock and I am the only lady in the village who is on it!  This got me thinking that everyone else is being prescribed Premarin.  This is bad how we are not given the best option by our national health service?  I went to a big chemist on the local high street to pick up the Femoston, they also had to order it in as didn't have any in stock.  It came the next day, but is it that rarely used?

I've been reading that HRT should only be used for the shortest time possible, they make it sound like you can come off it after 6 months or a year! when clearly women are going to need much longer than this.  Will my Dr suggest coming off HRT at my yearly check up?  I am only 45 so will say I want to stay on this as long as possible.

I got talking to a friend of a friend recently about meno and she said oh I have just come off Prempak as they told me I had to as I've been on it for 5 years.  She is only 52, I am wondering what she is having to deal with now.........

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 02:09:42 PM »

Point your friend in this direction  ;)

At least you may have a result on this new medication regime!  Let us know.

DebsMK

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 06:36:08 PM »

I have been on Femoston 1/10 for around 7 months and have never had a problem getting it at the chemist.  If you live in a village it may be that the local GP is prescribing Prempak to all women unless they request something different?

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 07:05:36 PM »

I had a problem with Sainsbury's once - I had to go back for it the next day.  When I went back for it the next afternoon,  I had to wait for them to make the prescription up :bang:

I only went there, because my local chemist sometimes runs out of vagifem.  They only get a certain amount each week and have to order the rest in as and when.  Something to do with the way they (small chemists) are supplied by the wholesalers.  I can't pretend to understand how this works though.

Debe

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 12:46:29 AM »

Well, I'm more confused than ever now. I've read loads on this forum. 8 years period free. Dr prescribes Elleste Duet sequential. Had a really bad period. After much research I've asked for Femoston Conti, Dr has now given me the Ultra Low Dose i.e. 0.5/2.5. She did say though, that I could try any one I wanted to. So that's good. Went to 3 chemists and none had it in stock. Is it because its unpopular/rarely used? I still have to finish off this months Elleste Duet, so no rush to get the prescription. I just think there are so many medicines/drugs/preparations etc that the pharmacy can't house them all.

Apart from the totally unwanted period, I do feel that I am feeling a bit better, especially my physical symptoms, i.e. really bad aching neck, shoulders and arms, really bad RSI, anxiety, lack of sleep and extremely low energy. But not the vaginal dryness/atrophy which is very uncomfortable and have non estrogen creme for and was not helped by the period and tampons etc. However feel ok on the oestrogen (white)  tabs but now on progesterone/oestrogen (green) ones, last month had uncontrollable eating mania with the green tabs, but this month (month 2 of hrt) day 3 of the green tabs feel ok. I don't know what to do, but will try the Femoston conti ultra low dose and then who knows.

I never realised what a complicated thing the menopause was, and how many symptoms could be attributed to it.