Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Body Lotion?????  (Read 3424 times)

LizeeeH

Body Lotion?????
« on: June 04, 2015, 03:04:50 PM »

Hello Campers ;D

So for many months I haven't used any for of body lotion and my skin is starting to look like old rope :( :o I used to use body tonic by garnier but found it made the night sweats so much worse!
What do you lovely ladies use? and is it better to use body lotio0n during the day? I tended to use it after a bath at night....hence the sweating more in bed ???

I don't want my skin to look old and dry :( any advice muchly appreciated!

Liz xxxx

honeybun

Re: Body Lotion?????
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 03:22:28 PM »

I use E45 in the morning if my skin is extra dry or just a regular moisturiser if it's not too bad. Nothing at night though, it could have been my imagination but it seemed to clog up my pores and make my flushes so much worse.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 03:28:12 PM »

I get very uncomfortable if I use body lotion at night & much prefer to use first thing. I'm using E45 at the moment & it helps my skin feel much better.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 03:31:36 PM »

Vaseline hand cream in the yellow bottle but only when my skin is dry.  After my bath leaving about half an hour for it to dry otherwise the sheet pulls on my skin  ::)

Now we have  :sunny: I'm using sun-tan lotion ………..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 03:33:13 PM by CLKD »

LizeeeH

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 03:45:59 PM »

Thanks Ladies ;) yes Ive thought about E45 :) :)

Liz xxxxx

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 05:35:34 PM »

I use the Vaseline spray on moisturiser. It comes in 3 fragrances and it's quick and easy.

tiger74

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »

I use Dove Intensive Nourishing Lotion Extra Dry Skin to good effect on my very dry skin.  I usually put it on after I have a shower in the morning.

Keeping skin moisturised is a very important part of the regime for various friends who have lymphoedema - they are prescribed a rich emollient cream called Zerobase (not sure if it's a POM or can be obtained OTC, a quick Google search or ask at  pharmacy if you're interested)

All the best.

dylan

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 07:35:14 PM »

cocoa butter lotion or johnsons body care 24 hour moisture is , probably the best i have used , but you must use it after , every shower or bath , with out fail  ;)  you will notice the diffrence , straight away .

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 10:18:56 PM »

I use Dove body lotion, their light one and really like it.

But I have to be very careful not to apply it on my abdomen else my patches won't stick.

Have just come back off holiday, so had a spray tan + used a much more moisturising shower crème. After a few days I started to feel very low and crap again, and realised that the combination of spray tan + moisturisers meant I probably wasn't absorbing enough oestrogen.

It never occurred to me that a spray tan would have this effect. Or that a much richer shower crème (the Dove intensive one) might create a barrier that could stop me absorbing hormones.

So everyone please be warned  :-\

Liz

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 02:39:34 PM »

Just resurrecting this thread, I've suddenly realised today that I've been using a rich moisturizing shower butter and have been feeling really crappy since doing so!  I use Oestrogel and have today washed with plain soap instead and feel much better today.... wondering if the rich shower butter has been stopping the absorption of the gel!! :o

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »

Maybe. Hope you continue to feel better Liz.

Liz

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 04:36:11 PM »

Thank you!  I'm feeling much better today, been doing some "googling" and it seems it could have been blocking the absorption!  Back to plain soap for me, at least for a while, to work out if it's a coincidence or not.  Have upped my dose to 2 pumps as well. x