Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hemorrhoids anyone?  (Read 8751 times)

Hemorrhoids anyone?
« on: June 02, 2015, 10:35:30 AM »

Anyone developed internal hemorrhoids during peri/menopause? During one of my rectoscopies some remnants of an old hemorrhoid was found plus sensitive anal tissue. Anyone experienced any of this?

ancient runner

Re: Hemorrhoids anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »

Um, if you've ever had a baby you might well have had haemorrhoids - and the remnants might still be hiding away  in the dark! And at the age of peri, lots of people seem to get these kind of things anyway.... not sure it's directly connected with hormone changes but guess it could be.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 02:59:03 PM »

Wish mine would hide away in the dark  ::)

I've had mine since my last pregnancy....21 yrs ago......they come and go but never stay away. If I'm on my feet too long over a period of time,back they come. A warm bath with tea tree oil helps a lot.
I have had cream from the GP which is good, it's called Proctesydole (sp). You can use it internally too. Might be worth a word with a nurse or your GP.

I've also had some success with cream from a health shop but I can't remember what it was called.

Honeybun
X

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 03:17:44 PM »

Never been pregnant. Sounds like most of you are describing external hemorrhoids though?

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 03:23:25 PM »

I have had both kinds. That's where using a good cream internally helps a lot. Or there is the option of suppositories which are soothing.

Honeybun
X

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 03:47:27 PM »

I have had both kinds. That's where using a good cream internally helps a lot. Or there is the option of suppositories which are soothing.

What I find weird is that almost everywhere you read about internal hemmoroidhs they are described as something that does not hurt. BUT pretty much everybody who has/has had them think that they are VERY painful (and I agree!).

I don't know for sure that mine are coming back, but the last couple of days I've had more pain/pressure/"swollen feeling" again back there...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 10:41:01 PM »

Nope! PHEW!